Roxy back home after two years missing

amazing just been reading in the star,cat now home after 2 years lost.rainrescue trapped the cat and other ferals,the cat was microchipped and roxy is back home where she belongs .all thanks to rain rescue a brilliant rescue team.

I'm honoured to say that the trip she took to the vets was in my car and cat basket. This is what all of us who are involved in rescue secretly hope will happen with every sweet animal we ever find- we long to find those who have a solid cast iron future with a loving home just hoping for their return :)

completely agree it is an amazing story and fantastic news for the cat owners. However if the cat was away for that amount of time doesn't it mean that the cat didn't want to go back to it's owner and was happy living where it was.

It's far more likely that she got lost and couldn't find her way home again, then stopped because she couldn't negotiate her way through all of the different territories of the cats who already live where she was. The vast majority of cats don't leave again once returned to their real home.

Fantastic result, lucky cat Roxy, thank heavens for the wonders of the microchip and, bless em, rescues with a scanner plus, willing volunteers to do the legwork/transport runs. Wonderful Rain Rescue, going the extra mile!"

It's far more likely that she got lost and couldn't find her way home again, then stopped because she couldn't negotiate her way through all of the different territories of the cats who already live where she was. The vast majority of cats don't leave again once returned to their real home.

fantastic thank you for the explanation Medusa - sorry if my post came across negative, its just that we had a cat who decided not to live with us even though she (Kelly) was a much loved pet who belonged to my late mum.

Too true Medusa. Thats why Sheffield is awash with feral colonies of cats, mostly strays, once much loved pets, stuck, can't get home on their own.

It was a great story and fab for the few volunteers that are out there constantly trying to help these poor feral cat colonies. Its really scary for tame cats when they get so far away from home and I believe this one had crossed a few main roads - and couldn't get back home.

The wonders of the microchip and keeping your records up to date (with a lot of people sadly dont) but even greater - the wonders of the people who devote so much time trying to help them. Special thanks always to the kind people that dont have the time to give, and so donate some cash, so funds are there to help these pets recover (and get the snip when needed too).

Thank you all from RAIN and from Roxy and family.