Homemade flatbreads - fantastic!

I've been experimenting with bread too and will have to give yours a go next weekend.

My favourite so far is 100g of plain flour mixed with 100g of plain yoghurt, made into a dough, rolled into two flat breads and put into a hot frying pan with a tiny bit of oil in it. I can make them and be cleaned up in 5 minutes :0) Tastes just like nan bread. I started off adding spices to them, but I just make them plain to have with curry now ( I'm so lazy :roll: !!)

Tried a similar thing for lunch, flour, yoghurt, flaked almonds and apricots. The yoghurt gave it a lighter, fluffier texture.

I've just had marinated pork in a spicy sauce, a great big pile of salad and flatbreads à la taxman with onions and kalonji seeds in (but no apricots or lemon) and I have to say (burp!) that it rocked :D

I've just had marinated pork in a spicy sauce, a great big pile of salad and flatbreads à la taxman with onions and kalonji seeds in (but no apricots or lemon) and I have to say (burp!) that it rocked :D

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm either going to do a curry or a chilli over the weekend and am looking forward to creating a new spicy and interesting flatbread accompaniment.

I might try that on a stone in the oven, I'm sure that would work well. Thanks for the recipe; I'm going to try garlic and coriander.

Good stuff Taxman. Homemade flatbreads are great especially when eaten straight away.

We have a thing (not sure what the correct name is? It's a rectangle cast iron thing that sits over 2 gas rings) that we cook them on. Lush :D

Good stuff Taxman. Homemade flatbreads are great especially when eaten straight away.

We have a thing (not sure what the correct name is? It's a rectangle cast iron thing that sits over 2 gas rings) that we cook them on. Lush :D

Is it a griddle? Flat on one side and ribbed on the other?

Is it a griddle? Flat on one side and ribbed on the other?

Nope, it's not ribbed at all. Just a flat peice of cast iron that sits plush on top of 2 gas rings.

Tried to search for one online but can't find one. Probably as I don't know what it's called :D

Edit - Think it is just a griddle but a flat one. It was left behind when we bought our house. Which was nice.

Edited by Farslad

I tried something similar and found that it wouldn't keep beyond half an hour. I'll try again sometime as it seems a great way of using up that old curry powder.