Bendy Bus sheffield

Hi I am doing a project on sheffield transport past and present. Does anyone know if there is any Sheffield Bendy buses in preservation or service any where? Have looked at Sheffield bus museum but it dont look like they have any.

Thanks

Hi I am doing a project on sheffield transport past and present. Does anyone know if there is any Sheffield Bendy buses in preservation or service any where? Have looked at Sheffield bus museum but it dont look like they have any.

Thanks

....here you are ...! -

http://tgprojects.blogspot.com/2007/11/leyland-dab-articulated-buses.html

...plus they is loads of info ,and pics, on sheffieldhistory.co.uk ,find sheffield transport section , then scroll down to "bendy buses" - enjoy ! ;)

I know its not sheffield, but the bendy bus is used in Dublin Airport to trans fer people to and from the long term carparks. They are also used by dublin bus.

I have been told on good authority that there are still five brand new bendi buses in Rotherham somewhere. They reason they were stopped in Sheffiled was because the drivers of them wanted more money ( more passengers) and the Sheffield Council was not prepared to pay

I have been told on good authority that there are still five brand new bendi buses in Rotherham somewhere. They reason they were stopped in Sheffiled was because the drivers of them wanted more money ( more passengers) and the Sheffield Council was not prepared to pay

A total myth

Unfortunatley there is no info as to when these bendis appeared I assume it was when the first batches of bendis were withdrawn due to the dispute.

The service was operated by the PTE all the , when the servie was converted to normal single deckers (its when the nottingham vehicels in advert livery were used) there were no new bendis on order :

They have not appeared on:

The PTE asset register

Any manufacturers list

Any UK resgistration list

Any other record of any bus in uk

Any import list .

If these buses existed then they would appeared some where , and more than likely someone would have "blabbed" there would also have been the polictial out come of having ordered buses and not used them - the conservatives would have had a field day .

I can catagoricly state that they are not at Midland Road the first bus depot at Rotherham - the second bactch of bendi's after they had been withdrawn were stored threre before disposal as some one got them mixed up?

Unless you or your "good authority " can prove other wise this a (nother) urban myth

If the vehciels do exist then they will only be good enough for scrap now as they couldnt be registered as they do not comply with curren construction and use regs

Edited by bus man
repeated words removed

Thanks

I do hope your project is on transport in sheffield, because if its Sheffield Tranpsort then you have a problem : ST never operated bendi buses

A total myth

Unfortunatley there is no info as to when these bendis appeared I assume it was when the first batches of bendis were withdrawn due to the dispute.

The service was operated the service was opperatied by the PTE all the , when the servie was converted to normal single deckers (its when the nottingham vehicels in advert livery were used) there were no new bedis on order :

They have not appeared on:

The PTE assess register

Any manufacturers list

Any UK resgistration list

Any other record of any bus in uk

Any import list .

If these buses existed then they would appeared some where , and more than likely someone would have "blabbed" there would also have been the polictial out come of having ordered buses and not used them - the conservatives would have had a field day .

I can catagoricly state that they are not at Midland Road the first bus depot at Rotherham - the second bactch of bendi's after they had been withdrawn were stored threre before disposal as some one got them mixed up?

Unless you or your "good authority " can prove other wise this a (nother) urban myth

If the vehciels do exist then they will only be good enough for scrap now as they couldnt be registered as they do not comply with curren construction and use regs

....sounds like the "brand new" (almost!)ones that keep appearing at "Crossroads", the HGV and PSV repair garage at Canklow , Rotherham (beside Wickes). I last saw one there (ftr) about a month ago in the purple/mauve livery(York) ???? :huh:

I worked for the SYPTE and yes someone "Blabbed" Although they may have been sold on now

i know there in service in london 1 cut me a few months ago ......

I worked for the SYPTE and yes someone "Blabbed" Although they may have been sold on now

...are we talking new "old" SYT bendys or new "today" bendys ,like at Leeds, York and London (Wright ftr's and Merc Citaro's) :huh:

Right so there new then as said ealier there is a dealer at rotherham who as ftr's in for work , however i dont know of any ftrs stored. In this day and age they woudl not store them they would send them to a operator and tell them to use them