Old School Pals - Pipworth Road School

I was talking to my mum (Marina Fletcher nee Batty) about her school days and the people she remembers. Since we have been doing our family tree, we have met her long lost cousin (Norm Batty). She says she knows the following people: June Wallace, Edith Youle, Bernard Kew, Raymond Smith, Dennis Marshall, David White, Vera Thompson and Norma Batty. I think they where all at school in 1943 - 1953.

Does anyone know or is one of these people, please let me know?

Thanks

hi, i know this is an old thread but thought i would reply anyway. my mums maiden name is norma batty, but she wasnt born until 1949 - had an older brother called terry, they lived somewhere on the wybourn estate. could this be the same person? My mum doesnt really talk much about her past.

yep i was there then moved acros the road t wolthiof :) as u can see didnt learn how too spell but they were happy years.ps my was none as woza

i went to pipworth then across to waltheof left in 1982

i went to pipworth road school , i left in 1964 , i was june hardy then ,i told the careers officer i wanted to go into nursing , he said i wasnt clever enough and sent me to a factory job but instead got a job in a chemist learnt all about medicines 2 years later trained as a nurse , passed in 1971 and im still working . so dont let anybody tell you that you cant do something because your not good enough , we are all good enough .

Threads merged

I know Vera Thompson who would be delighted to know of her school friends.

hazel

I went to Pipworth School from 63 to70 my name was Gloria Turton Then my best friend was Pat Clarkson and can remember Christine Ray,John Ellis, Susan Ellis,Jennifer aistrop.

I went to Pipworth school 1973 -1981 then to Waltheof and left in 85. I was Yvonne Roe then

think my family went to pipworth wilcoxs

I went to Pipworth school 1973 -1981 then to Waltheof and left in 85. I was Yvonne Roe then

did you have a sister called Michelle Roe?