Rutland Arms, Brown St

Is the rumour true that the Rutland Hotel opposite the Showroom on Brown Street is to close??

Does anyone know if it's still open?

At the moment it is.

What a shame! It was the very first pub I went into when I arrived in Sheffield - I stayed overnight there the day I bought a house here. Must be about 18 years ago now. They were still building Meadow Hell (I remember because a few of the workmen were staying there too)

last days trading sunday i hear

:(

The irony of it being on brown street was it used to be the gayest pub in town! Is it still or has dempseys got the gay crown? It is full of big fat hairy lesbians. Bring back the Coszack for a better class of gay!;)

last days trading sunday i hear

:(

Is that right?????

Is the rumour true that the Rutland Hotel opposite the Showroom on Brown Street is to close??

i wrote an article on my white rose blog about this a few days ago, link below.

It would be a tragedy if it closed. Until recently it served a decent range of excellent beers, and was always welcoming, with friendly staff. The garden was fantastic to sit out in on a warm summer's day I've even sat out there in November, it was so sheltered! Lovely and buzzing out there on warm evenings too.

Seems the greedy pubco who own it have priced the landlord out of his tenancy, as so often happens to traditional pubs. Hope it continues as a proper pub, and doesn't get turned into another soulless cafe-bar like the Ha-Ha, or worse, bulldozed!

The irony of the so-called 'cultural quarter'!

i wrote an article on my white rose blog about this a few days ago, link below.

Link? I see no link!