What sort of mattress do you sleep on?

Looking to buy a new mattress (long overdue) and, like everything these days, you need a science degree to make a decision! Always had a spring mattress but the memory foam ones seem well advertised. Anyone got an opinion on which is best?

Best advice has always been try before you buy.

Not sure if thats practical with some retailers who are online only?

Plenty of new mattress companies are offering try at home trials now:

https://simbasleep.com/

https://www.evemattress.co.uk/mattress?cro=EM2-729

https://casper.com/uk/en/mattresses/

https://www.leesa.co.uk/

All of those have try at home trials with free returns too so worth a try. No idea how good any of them are mind you but I'd check out some of them if I was looking for a new mattress, especially as they are all under £500 which seems reasonable compared to things like the Hypnos mattresses which are well over £1k!

A dry one hopefully

Looking to buy a new mattress (long overdue) and, like everything these days, you need a science degree to make a decision! Always had a spring mattress but the memory foam ones seem well advertised. Anyone got an opinion on which is best?

Memory foam, for sure.

Guest sibon

I bought a memory foam one a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe how much better it was than a spring one.

I love my memory foam mattress, it's really comfy. My mum n dad bought one though and they hated it and swapped almost immediately for a spring so like already mentioned, test a couple out and see what you think. My current mattress is a king size ten inch thick memory foam mattress and it's beautifully comfortable and I had it delivered through eBay for £220. You have to be careful on eBay though as some of the beds advertised as memory foam are either actually something called reflex foam which is comfy but not as good & doesn't keep it shape very well or a spring mattress with a memory foam topper. Shop around there are bargains to be had!

If you are warm blooded ( yes I know all humans are ) do not get a memory foam ,great for winter but be prepared to boil alive in moderately warm temperatures . I have a posturpedic memory foam topped one ,big mistake !

I know someone who works for Otty, might be able to get u a discount! ;)

You really need to try and see what suits you best. Hubby and I always used to like a medium mattress but when we bought a new bed we both preferred a much firmer mattress.

We have one with individual springs so you don't roll into each other. It has a padded sewn on mini quilt type thing which is fairly compact. If I sleep in another bed now I really miss the combination of a firm mattress with the soft sewn in topper. I'm really not keen on the feel of the foam things. I have a shaped memory foam pillow but I'm not keen on the texture. It stops me getting a stiff neck to I persevere with it.

If you are warm blooded ( yes I know all humans are ) do not get a memory foam ,great for winter but be prepared to boil alive in moderately warm temperatures . I have a posturpedic memory foam topped one ,big mistake !

Really? I find my memory foam mattress cooler in the summer than the previous spring mattress.

King Size Hypnos, pocket sprung. Job done. Thank me later.