Old style cafes

Are there still the old type of cafes open in sheffield where workmen can get bacon butties etc, when i worked for the emgb back in the 70s we used to go in one on walkley rd down on the bend , pay day it was full breakfast by monday it was tommy dips as that was all i could afford, another was butlers cafe cant remember where it was??

Butler's was on Brook Hill, behind Jessop's hospital.

The last ones I saw were in the Castle Market, and another down on London Road near the old Moor.

Sausage butty! MMmmmm!

One that has been there since the 60s and i believe is still open is tinsley transport cafe,near where the plumpers was.

As for old cafes, there was one as in; if you stood at the bottom of Howard Street and looked towards the Midland Station there was big café (well it had a big roof) on the left, perhaps the junction of Pond Street and Sheaf Street.

apart from butlers the montessa on shalesmoor was a cracker,in the eighties a full breakfast or a dinner with yorkshire pudding were both a quid plus vat so £1-15P all in with a cup of tea.