Serious Accident - Rivelin Valley Road - 15/7/17

It may seem like that road is cursed but I suspect most are driver error,if the engine was out of this car it must be excess speed.

Just ridden in there - couldn't see where it happened, they've tidied it up well

It look liked it happened just past the paddling pool on the left heading out of the city, you can see where the bark is missing from the tree on the bend.

It may seem like that road is cursed but I suspect most are driver error,if the engine was out of this car it must be excess speed.

As it was a Volvo (renowned for safety and build quality) and the road is newly surfaced and a joy to drive on now, that seems likely, but it is not our place to speculate.

Hope the two pull through.

seems a lot of people will not accept that they must have been driving too fast for the road conditions.

It look liked it happened just past the paddling pool on the left heading out of the city, you can see where the bark is missing from the tree on the bend.

Yes I spotted the large amount of bark missing off that tree.

Fairly obvious that the driver took it way too fast, wasn't paying attention or was distracted.

It looks like the vehicle was driving towards Hagg Hill just passed the paddling pool and just passed the bend which is 30mph.There is no way that a Volvo can be destroyed at 30 mph.The bark on the tree has approx 2 sq feet missing,and the traffic sign is crumpled at the side of the road.This is the second incident in the last few weeks that I have seen the remnants of a crash.Having lived on RVR for the past 6 years I have witnessed three fatalities possibly four.Since this road was completed last week I have seen and heard vehicles ramping it up.Unless people who use it start using a little common sense ,then in my opinion there will be more. There are horse riders ,joggers ,cyclists ,farm plant and hidden drives on RVR and now its all newly laid.Any drivers using this now level road just stick to the speed limit and enjoy one of Sheffields hidden gems

Guest makapaka
It looks like the vehicle was driving towards Hagg Hill just passed the paddling pool and just passed the bend which is 30mph.There is no way that a Volvo can be destroyed at 30 mph.The bark on the tree has approx 2 sq feet missing,and the traffic sign is crumpled at the side of the road.This is the second incident in the last few weeks that I have seen the remnants of a crash.Having lived on RVR for the past 6 years I have witnessed three fatalities possibly four.Since this road was completed last week I have seen and heard vehicles ramping it up.Unless people who use it start using a little common sense ,then in my opinion there will be more. There are horse riders ,joggers ,cyclists ,farm plant and hidden drives on RVR and now its all newly laid.Any drivers using this now level road just stick to the speed limit and enjoy one of Sheffields hidden gems

Not casting any aspersions on what happened cos I don't know what did. But some engine noise on rivelin valley road late at night is obviously people racing.

I explained to my Mrs this morning there was a problem and our road was closed.When I came home around 2pm I saw the damage to the tree.When she came in I explained what I had seen and gave my opinion of what happened . Upon reading the Star ,she indicated that I may have been close to what had happened.I daresay that there will be some remarks about what I have insinuated,but I feel in the fullness of time someone will confirm speeding .Just another comment .There are no skid marks from tyres indicating harsh breaking.I do hope the guys involved get well.But I am also glad that this incident happened when it did and not several hours later