Forge Valley Fails Again !! -Link

Guest sibon
http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/education/ofsted-forced-to-visit-school-twice-after-flawed-report-1-8646767

Seems Forge has failed again , not sure how many times that is now - not looking good for the idea when first merged of "Best school in Sheffield " ??

I think that article is actually evidence that OFSTED have difficulty distiguishing their elbow from their nether regions.

You seem to have something against Forge Valley. Maybe you should have applied for the Headship last time it was advertised.

After having previously been placed in "Special Measures", a subsequent grading of "Requires Improvement" is not a 'failure'.

It is the natural progression of improvement heading towards "Good".

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/education/ofsted-forced-to-visit-school-twice-after-flawed-report-1-8646767

Seems Forge has failed again , not sure how many times that is now - not looking good for the idea when first merged of "Best school in Sheffield " ??

Someone who doesn't know what a full stop is criticizes educational standards.

Ofsted fail.

Still continuing your crusade against F.V.?

I wonder if all the parents have a positive relationship with the school; ensure their children attend regularly; do the children respect the school and teachers; do their homework. I believe the sixth form is gaining a good reputation, that must be a plus!

I wonder if all the parents have a positive relationship with the school; ensure their children attend regularly; do the children respect the school and teachers; do their homework. I believe the sixth form is gaining a good reputation, that must be a plus!

I know 2 different kids from separate families who have just completed their first year up at Forge Valley, both love it up there.

I know loads of people with kids at Forge Valley who love it there. I've never met anyone with a bad word to say about it other than on here and Facebook! Just shows what the school has to put up with from some parents!!

That's great to hear. Its just a pity good news stories seem to get missed.

I was a school governor at one of the feeder schools for several years and the headmaster and all the staff where stunned when it was put into special measures. They didn't recognise the school described in the OFSTED report.

I know a boy who is doing very well there, he has just got grades of a 16 year old and he's just 14. A couple of mates are doing the same and the others are not for behind them.

Compared to some Sheffield schools this is a very good school, it's just a few who couldn't care less that let it down but you will get that in every school.