Drive through mc ds hygiene

Just called at a fast food store drive through ,having to wait a few minutes I noticed the young girl getting our drinks ready,she had no gloves on ,with us having 4 drinks she held the cups in one hand fingers inside the cups while sticking her other hand in the ice bin shovelling ice in to our cups this can't be

Hygienic can it it's only just been on the news about these sort of problems with

Germs in coffee shop outlets should I have said something? Who knows she might've just come back from a toilet break

How is it any different to what happens in all restaurant kitchens? Chefs routinely handle food without gloves. You just have to trust that their hands are clean.

Even if she had worn gloves it is no certainty that she still would not get germs and how many times s day would that one person need to change her gloves ?

Just called at a fast food store drive through ,having to wait a few minutes I noticed the young girl getting our drinks ready,she had no gloves on ,with us having 4 drinks she held the cups in one hand fingers inside the cups while sticking her other hand in the ice bin shovelling ice in to our cups this can't be

Hygienic can it it's only just been on the news about these sort of problems with

Germs in coffee shop outlets should I have said something? Who knows she might've just come back from a toilet break

Like others have said. Food gets prepared by human hands. Cooks and servers dont spend all day putting gloves on and off.

We all hope that the majority of working in the industry have basics of hygene just like most of us at home would do the same.

I really do think you are making a lot out of nothing.

Wearing gloves is counter productive in food hygiene, Imagine, you're doing one task, then another, then another, in the space of 10 minutes, you would have to change your gloves between each task...

not only that, imagine the waste, and the cost, if every employee is changing gloves every time they do a different task...

with washing your hands, you can wash and dry, then proceed to your next task..

when wearing gloves, you would also have to wash and dry your hands between changing gloves also, And wait for them to try properly before you could put on another pair of gloves, eating into your working time..

there are MANY reasons gloves aren't used in the food industry...

how about allergies? if they are using latex gloves, and handling food of someone who is allergic to latex?

Did you sup your drinks?

No I did not we binned them ,thing is who knows where here hands have been

This is how germs ,bacteria spread ,big time

Better stop eating in any kind of cafe or restaurant then. And don't buy anything from a supermarket bakery, deli or fresh meat counter either. Or any kind of food shop for that matter.

I would imagine that there's a hand sanitiser dispenser close to hand and they're forced to use it regularly.

Better stop eating in any kind of cafe or restaurant then. And don't buy anything from a supermarket bakery, deli or fresh meat counter either. Or any kind of food shop for that matter.

I would have thought that the fresh meat will be cooked.

This all just seems too ridiculous for words.

Throwing away the drinks - what a complete waste.

How on earth does the OP think the foods gets wrapped up into the boxes and wrappers in the first place - its by human hands. Staff will have thier supposedly disgusting, infected fingers and palms all over it.

For goodness sake, cooks have to use their hands. Every plate, cooking tray, utensil, piece of silverware, glass and cup will at some point come into contact with someone's bare flesh. Its why professional catering has hygene standards and strict rules.

Honestly, of all the places to be concerned with hygene Mc'D would be way down my list. I can say from my own past experience that if the OP saw the inside of most professional working kitchens (even the ones in the poshest venues and deemed perfectly "clean") they would be totally shocked.

Did you pay with cash you'd been farting on all day out of your back pocket?:P