Bright Buses to finish

There are reports within the industry - not yet confirmed - that Bright Bus will close in September the final runs will be at the end of the School Year i.e. July this year.

Anyone confirm this, if so there are a awful lot of contracts to find new operators for in a very wide area

Edited by bus man

There are reports within the industry - not yet confirmed - that Bright Bus will close in September the final runs will be at the end of the School Year i.e. July this year.

Anyone confirm this, if so there are a awful lot of contracts to find new operators for in a very wide area

A sure first bus be happy, they already retook over some school routes but then again u shud know everything bus man

Yes. My child attends a school serviced by Bright Bus. I have received an e-mail from school today confirming that the service provided by them will finish at the end of the current school year.

Maybe another operator will make it worth his while and buy it out, despite his expressed reluctance.

Is the reason that they could make it pay because the investment needed to buy those old buses was so low,although you would think ongoing maintenance would be higher.

Also they were massive so could get a lot of students on board.

The last time that I used one (as a non-schoolperson), I found the driver very courteous.

Perhaps he was pleased to see a real customer: even stopped on a roundabout to let me board.

Have noticed a lot of the smaller bus companies seem to have happier staff than Stagecoach and particularly First.

Guest busdriver1

Cant see a major operator being interested, most of the fleet does not conform to Access requirements and need to be replaced with low floor vehicles.

Since the business model is based on filling 100 kids onto a low cost bus and low floor replacements are not available cost effectively I see this as the end and a panic to get smaller operators to take some of the work on with lower capacity vehicles.

I forsee more buses and cars on the road alongside an increase in costs to the PTE and in some cases the schools themselves.

Cant see a major operator being interested, most of the fleet does not conform to Access requirements and need to be replaced with low floor vehicles.

Since the business model is based on filling 100 kids onto a low cost bus and low floor replacements are not available cost effectively I see this as the end and a panic to get smaller operators to take some of the work on with lower capacity vehicles.

I forsee more buses and cars on the road alongside an increase in costs to the PTE and in some cases the schools themselves.

Yes thats what I suspected basically filling up very large very old buses with kids was the business model hence why they only did school runs in recent years.

I'm glad the Bright Busses are stopping, they severely overcrowd them with children on some of them which is obviously illegal, my stepson has caught it before and they literally fill the bus to the point where they can barely close the doors. There a death trap.

I'm glad the Bright Busses are stopping, they severely overcrowd them with children on some of them which is obviously illegal, my stepson has caught it before and they literally fill the bus to the point where they can barely close the doors. There a death trap.

Yet nobody has died- so maybe not, after all...