Nearest nice seaside/beach?

I really fancy walking along a beach tomo, where is the nearest one?? not fussed about arcades or icecream, just sand and sea for a paddle!

thanks for any help!!!

The closest is probably Cleethorpes but whether that actually qualifies as 'seaside' is a thread on its own.

I recommend Filey for a good old fashioned seaside experience.

I was going to ask a similar question, I want somewhere quite close that has a beach and arcades and stuff and isn't too expensive as i'm on a tight budget and wouldn't mind going for the day or maybe a night or two.

Guest sibon
The closest is probably Cleethorpes but whether that actually qualifies as 'seaside' is a thread on its own.

I recommend Filey for a good old fashioned seaside experience.

Sutton On Sea is nicer.

It might also be nearer in terms of distance if you go through Gainsborough.

Quickest to get to........Cleethorpes. Should take you 1hour 10mins...ish if you beat the traffic.

I hadn't been for 30 years until the last half term so was pretty sceptical:suspect:. Beach is lovely and clean, my 2 kids really enjoyed themselves, just enough kiddie rides on the sea front to keep them happy. Weather was great as well which always helps.

If you want to go somewhere "nice", then Filey or Scarborough, and at a push Whitby, but only because of the time it takes to get there.

Still avoid Skegvegas if you can IMO. :gag:

Jim

I love Skegveags but maybe that's because I used to go as a child and it holds loads of childhood memories.

Skegvegas or Cleethorpes are both about the same distance in mileage, both approx 90 miles. Cleethorpes has the advantage of the motorway speeding up journey times.

They are both about the nearest.

It's Formby you want to be at for dog walking!

Quickest to get to........Cleethorpes. Should take you 1hour 10mins...ish if you beat the traffic.

I hadn't been for 30 years until the last half term so was pretty sceptical:suspect:. Beach is lovely and clean, my 2 kids really enjoyed themselves, just enough kiddie rides on the sea front to keep them happy. Weather was great as well which always helps.

If you want to go somewhere "nice", then Filey or Scarborough, and at a push Whitby, but only because of the time it takes to get there.

Still avoid Skegvegas if you can IMO. :gag:

Jim

Cleethorpes is a decent place and not overdun. The only thing holding cleethorpes back is the lack of sea and maybe the proximity to Grimsby.

If you want beach, then Cleethorpes is the place, it is so flat the tide goes out about 2 miles. :D

A bit further away from Sheffield, but the best all round resorts are Scarborough and Bridington.

I like Brid the best, as it has more of the old excursion resort feel to it.

It will be packed to the gills today though, and you will get no where near.

Out of interest.Which resort on the west coast would be nearest?