Dog flea question

Frontline does work , they have just been granted a new licence for it , Peak vets are still using it , It down the fact they still have fleas on them but they drop off and die , my 3 dogs have always had it and we have never had fleas , even when we meet other dogs who obviously have them .

Frontline does work , they have just been granted a new licence for it , Peak vets are still using it , It down the fact they still have fleas on them but they drop off and die , my 3 dogs have always had it and we have never had fleas , even when we meet other dogs who obviously have them .

It stopped working on ours they never have a flea problem but we did with Frontline, many other people are saying the same thing, it seems that in some places fleas are becoming resistant to it, Adavantage has a different ingredient.

It stopped working on ours they never have a flea problem but we did with Frontline, many other people are saying the same thing, it seems that in some places fleas are becoming resistant to it, Adavantage has a different ingredient.

Can I ask, do you think it stopped working on your dogs because they got used to it? I've not used it on my dog since he was a pup, some 12 years ago. Do you think mine should be ok?

I think that Frontline has become pretty ineffective on cat fleas locally, to be honest. I gave up on it a couple of years ago, having seen a whole litter of kittens born to a mum who was Frontline treated, still dying from the anaemia caused by way too many fleas sucking blood from kittens too small to make enough red blood cells.

My lot get treated with Advantage, Advocate or Stronghold generally.

My vet still provides my dog with front line. It still seems to work well. Thankfully hes never had fleas. Good to know some of the other ideas suggested tho just in case.

Can I ask, do you think it stopped working on your dogs because they got used to it? I've not used it on my dog since he was a pup, some 12 years ago. Do you think mine should be ok?

No, it seems to work for some and not others which is really strange, I think that the fleas just build up resistance in some areas, its like Childrens Nit stuff (sorry lol) they use different ones in different places and swap over from time to time to stop resistance...if it works for you dont worry, if it aint broke dont fix it as they say :)

We haven't either, if they get fleas we'll deal with them then otherwise I don't see the point in spending unnecessarily :)

Flea free for 10 years

We haven't either, if they get fleas we'll deal with them then otherwise I don't see the point in spending unnecessarily :)

Flea free for 10 years

We have a lot of pets and dont routinely de flea either, I tend to do mine late spring, then autumn (unless they really need it before) and summer I spray my carpet, we never have a flea problem I just watch for them getting itchy, I dont think lots of chemicals are good especially for no reason.

Well so far the front line has not worked.

Gutted. So ill be trying one of the other products mentioned and hope we have more luck.

Another question. Flea bombs. I need to re flea the house and was looking at the flea fumigators.

Has anyone had any positive experience with flea bombs and if so which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Frontline does not work anymore, stopped working on our cat about 6 months ago and he's treated every month.

Flea bombs are also not very good.

What we did after frontline failed and cat brought them in was

Indorex flea spray or Acclaim flea spray (probably the only 2 I'd be confident work) also 1 called RIP but I haven't tried it. Can buy online cheaper but available at vets for about £20-£27 a tin (about £12 online, but its whether you can wait)

Borax salts, Hoover and sprinkle around you house everywhere sofa all corners everywhere and brush into carpets and leave for 2/3 days and Hoover everywhere. This stuff works wonders and is far better value than chasing your tail buying flea bombs and other product that don't work. About £4 a box and a box or 2 does a full house. You can get it at boyes in firth park. It's very safe around pets.

Advantage spot on - read reviews online, plenty of people saying frontline is not working. Advantage online is about £10 or a bit more at vets.

We are very keen with the cat and flea treatments and gets front lined every month, after it failed we spent a few hundred £ on all the well known branded stuff to no avail.

Indorex

Borax

Advantage

Should get rid

---------- Post added 22-07-2017 at 07:40 ----------

https://www.lenehans.ie/borax-substitute-multi-purpose-cleaner-500g.html

This is the stuff, I can't recommend it highly enough. I flea bombed every room in house, sprayed staykill and washed everything but didn't work. Haven't had any off the cat or seen any in house since using that borax.

Edited by Mac_Plas

We have a lot of pets and dont routinely de flea either, I tend to do mine late spring, then autumn (unless they really need it before) and summer I spray my carpet, we never have a flea problem I just watch for them getting itchy, I dont think lots of chemicals are good especially for no reason.

Yes there's that too. Squeezing ampules of God knows what chemical onto a dog is questionable.

Frontline does not work anymore, stopped working on our cat about 6 months ago and he's treated every month.

Flea bombs are also not very good.

What we did after frontline failed and cat brought them in was

Indorex flea spray or Acclaim flea spray (probably the only 2 I'd be confident work) also 1 called RIP but I haven't tried it. Can buy online cheaper but available at vets for about £20-£27 a tin (about £12 online, but its whether you can wait)

Borax salts, Hoover and sprinkle around you house everywhere sofa all corners everywhere and brush into carpets and leave for 2/3 days and Hoover everywhere. This stuff works wonders and is far better value than chasing your tail buying flea bombs and other product that don't work. About £4 a box and a box or 2 does a full house. You can get it at boyes in firth park. It's very safe around pets.

Advantage spot on - read reviews online, plenty of people saying frontline is not working. Advantage online is about £10 or a bit more at vets.

We are very keen with the cat and flea treatments and gets front lined every month, after it failed we spent a few hundred £ on all the well known branded stuff to no avail.

Indorex

Borax

Advantage

Should get rid

---------- Post added 22-07-2017 at 07:40 ----------

https://www.lenehans.ie/borax-substitute-multi-purpose-cleaner-500g.html

This is the stuff, I can't recommend it highly enough. I flea bombed every room in house, sprayed staykill and washed everything but didn't work. Haven't had any off the cat or seen any in house since using that borax.

Thank you for the tips.

Ive ordered the borax substitute

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Household-Cleaners/BORAX-SUBSTITUTE-MULTI-PURPOSE-CLEANER-500G-6PACK/B00LM2PWN0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1500709916&sr=8-4&keywords=Borax+Substitute

It should be with me soon Ive also ordered the flea spray. In the mean time ive been vacuming the house like a mad man, got my dog a flea collar and kept a close eye on him. I have seen far less fleas both on him and in the house but the stuff I ordered cant come soon enough.

Ill also be sending back the remaining front line and requesting a refund,

Its garbage and has not worked one bit :-(