Did you work at Sheffield Twist Drill, Summerfield Street

Hi tinapina, my name is Keith Mills, I left Dormer in 1965. In your post on 21/4/2015, you mentioned Terry and Gina. That wouldn't be Trevor and Gina Beard would it?

Dormer left Summerfield Street in 1991. It went to two sites, one at Holbrook and one at Worksop. The Holbrook site closed in 2002 with some people going to Worksop. Manufacturing at Worksop ended in 2008, with the Sales and R&D moving to the Advanced Manufacturing Park at Catcliffe. R&D split with Sales and joined Sandvik Coromant in 2011. The sales function left Catcliffe for its current location at Barlborough in 2014.

ghghghghghghgh

Edited by EdmundH

I did work in the old offices and the new and not good at remembering names, two I do know of were Mick Bramall and Mick Allsop and Terry 7 his wife Gina from Blue dormer. I remember a Judd. I used to sit with both Micks and five others in the works canteen n they took me under their wing as I was only 16 at the time and nobody used the office canteen. I used to have to run errands all through the works and got to know a lot of people that way.

Names I do remember are from the offices.

Mr Metcalfe Stuart Bowles

Adrian Waple Sheila Lovett

His dad Chris Atkinson

Mr elkington Chris Drewett

Pat Thompson Margeret Radcliffe

Renee Manton Carol Twigg

Sandra Mathews

Colin Mansell

I am going back 44 years ago and with this site I keep remembering a lot more people. I loved it at the Twist Drill

Did John Cooper work in the offices or was he based on the shopfloor?

I went to college with Kev Holloway in our apprenticeship days. Is he still at Dormer/Sandvik?

Chris

Is Michael Vaughan's father still working there? I would think he has retired now. I used to work with Graham at Prestos years ago.

Any one remember top wrestler Alan Kilby working at Dormer in the late 60s before he made the big time. He worked on a machine in the medium fluters dept,in the evenings he worked as a doorman at various pubs and clubs around town.

Every year a traveling fair came to Norton,one of the attractions was a wrestling booth,you won a fiver if you "beat their man",it didn`t take much to persuade Alan to take up the challenge,a few of us went up to watch Alan win his fiver,seven bells comes to mind.

Any one remember top wrestler Alan Kilby working at Dormer in the late 60s before he made the big time. He worked on a machine in the medium fluters dept,in the evenings he worked as a doorman at various pubs and clubs around town.

Every year a traveling fair came to Norton,one of the attractions was a wrestling booth,you won a fiver if you "beat their man",it didn`t take much to persuade Alan to take up the challenge,a few of us went up to watch Alan win his fiver,seven bells comes to mind.

I worked at the Steel Inn pub and remember him and his manager coming in on a fairly regular basis, there was one time when they were involved in a big fight outside nuff said about the winners

Hi my nan was rita edwards who worked in the rising sun and her brother billy. My dad was alan edwards id like to try and contact family of theres i now live in barnsley.

Did John Cooper work in the offices or was he based on the shopfloor?

Still trying to find John Cooper or Diane (nee) Walton, will be in their 70s now.

On 02/08/2017 at 20:16, travelling m said:

Still trying to find John Cooper or Diane (nee) Walton, will be in their 70s now.

About 73ish now if there alive?