Sheffield city council- housing benefits service

Yes thank you but it's not a decision I want to complain about, it's the fact that iv been waiting 5 months for a decision and they have and still are doing nothing but mess me around. So it's the process itself I want to complain about.

They are an absolute shambles, honestly.

The Council has a complaints procedure: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/your-city-council/make-complaint

If you are not happy with the initial response, you can ask for it to reviewed.

Ultimately, you can go to the Local Government Ombudsman (http://www.lgo.org.uk/make-a-complaint), but before you can do this you have to had exhausted the Council's complaints process.

Have you tried your local Councillor? You can find out who they are here: http://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/mgMemberIndex.aspx?bcr=1. Or your MP?

They are the worst. It's impossible to speak to them, or contact them- the phones are never manned, and they never respond to emails. I was in your position once and it was awful. My advice is to contact your MP. That was the only way I found to get to speak to someone from the council. Nothing else worked.

That is exactly correct. Anything to do with Sheffield Council and their responsibilities is a total farce. They employ companies to do their work, and then both the council and the company ignore everyone until it suits them to deal with something, and out come the threatening letters.

Three years ago my mum-in-law took her pension details to the local housing office (as ordered to) and they said they didn't need to see them anymore. Then came a letter accusing her of fraud, so she sat up worrying for three days and nights before she told anyone. This year my husband e.mailed the housing benefits service to ask what they wanted to see and how best to do it - no reply after 2 months. So he filled in a form on the internet with the information, which has eventually resulted in a letter demanding to see everything, which she has to take in person. She's in her 90's and housebound. My husband will take it of course... but he'll probably get arrested if they start treating him like dirt.

If Sheffield City Council go on ignoring people there will eventually be some big disaster or scandal - or they will pick on the wrong person.

That is exactly correct. Anything to do with Sheffield Council and their responsibilities is a total farce. They employ companies to do their work, and then both the council and the company ignore everyone until it suits them to deal with something, and out come the threatening letters.

Three years ago my mum-in-law took her pension details to the local housing office (as ordered to) and they said they didn't need to see them anymore. Then came a letter accusing her of fraud, so she sat up worrying for three days and nights before she told anyone. This year my husband e.mailed the housing benefits service to ask what they wanted to see and how best to do it - no reply after 2 months. So he filled in a form on the internet with the information, which has eventually resulted in a letter demanding to see everything, which she has to take in person. She's in her 90's and housebound. My husband will take it of course... but he'll probably get arrested if they start treating him like dirt.

If Sheffield City Council go on ignoring people there will eventually be some big disaster or scandal - or they will pick on the wrong person.

Wow! I don't really understand 'pick on'. I know that mistakes are made, and customer service can be poor, hence my replies earlier re taking it down the complaints route or to a local councillor. People deserve a decent level of service, which sometimes isn't delivered, but I don't think anyone is singled out to be treated badly.