Sheffield Forum

Sheffield Wednesday feeling the pinch of FFP.

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Sport & Activities > Sheffield Football

Reply To Topic

18-07-2017, 09:00   #61
Sheridan1-0

Total Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDSWORTH View Post
Just to clarify, Rhodes bottled it ! most Wednesday fand would agree.

Just like Mathews bottled it for United when Givens went on and missed !! i as many would not out a player for missing a penalty , thats lfe it happens...but refusing to take one ! a leading player, a 10m player not feeling confident !! YOUR HAVING A LAUGH.
Which part of my original response didnt you understand...the bit that said he didn't refuse to take one...or the bit that said he didn't refuse to take one...

Please try and keep up...

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 09:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bloke View Post

Good post mate and pretty much sums it up.
Another one who doesn't understand simple phrases...like "he didn't refuse to take one..."
18-07-2017, 09:06   #62
Mr Bloke

Total Posts: 4,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
Oh so your obssession was a joke now, ok.

It is obvious to everyone that you are only happy when you are allowed to have the last word on a thread, so I will depart now and leave you to it...

... I await your reply!
_______
"We Didn't Kill The Forum" - witness my latest cinematographic masterpiece on YouTube...
18-07-2017, 10:43   #63
Sheridan1-0

Whilst still waiting for an answer on which players Wednesday have spent "ridiculous amounts" of money on.....i noticed Middlesbrough have paid 14m for Brett Assombalonga from Forest....now that is a ridiculous amount of money...
18-07-2017, 10:50   #64
top4718

Total Posts: 8,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1-0 View Post
Whilst still waiting for an answer on which players Wednesday have spent "ridiculous amounts" of money on.....i noticed Middlesbrough have paid 14m for Brett Assombalonga from Forest....now that is a ridiculous amount of money...
.......and thats the market we are operating in, ridiculous.
18-07-2017, 11:36   #65
Jack_Russell

Total Posts: 367
Quote:
I agree 14m for Assombalonga is ridiculous, however players are only worth what clubs are prepared to pay for them.

The problem is weekly wages which players are demanding, I dread to think what the wage bill is at SWFC. For once we have a chairman who is happy to put his hand in his pocket.
18-07-2017, 11:56   #66
Sheridan1-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Russell View Post
I agree 14m for Assombalonga is ridiculous, however players are only worth what clubs are prepared to pay for them.

The problem is weekly wages which players are demanding, I dread to think what the wage bill is at SWFC. For once we have a chairman who is happy to put his hand in his pocket.

14 million is a hell of a fee for an injury prone striker....

mind you Villa paid 15 million for McCormack ,15 million for Kodjia and 12 million for Scott Hogan last season....

Makes Jordan Rhodes fee of 8 million seem an absolute steal...

Last edited by Sheridan1-0; 18-07-2017 at 14:58.
19-07-2017, 00:02   #67
The Manager

Total Posts: 5,593
I Do mainly think They was a lot of players last season signed that for whatever reason did not play or play much . but all still took a wage , I also think theres a Massive problem with not having Reserve Football anymore , its ok having U23s but that still means some back up players arnt getting much football to 1, Show CC what he can do OR 2, Put himself in shop window sort of speak to move on .

big Question this season- CC needs first team players and abit of luck with players keeping free from injury , deffo cover at Cback needed
20-07-2017, 22:15   #68
POUNDSWORTH

Total Posts: 2,309
Quote:
Which part of my original response didnt you understand...the bit that said he didn't refuse to take one...or the bit that said he didn't refuse to take one...

Please try and keep up...

---------- Post added 18-07-2017 at 09:03 ----------

Another one who doesn't understand simple phrases...like "he didn't refuse to take one..."

he bottled it !!!! ask any reasoned Owl.
_______
50 years a supporter, last 3 a part timer....gutted
20-07-2017, 23:16   #69
Sheridan1-0

[QUOTE=POUNDSWORTH;11697926]he bottled it !!!! ask any reasoned Owl.[/QUOTE

I'm a reasoned Owl of over 50 years ... and your still wrong ...
20-07-2017, 23:24   #70
top4718

Harking back to the OP's original false claims the Owls had a 3m offer for Sean Morrison rejected by Cardiff (must have slipped through the pinch).
20-07-2017, 23:52   #71
charmingman

Total Posts: 56
Quote:
Harking back to the OP's original false claims the Owls had a 3m offer for Sean Morrison rejected by Cardiff (must have slipped through the pinch).
If you would be kind enough to provide a bit of proof of this said bid? Only in this day and age it is normal for agents to "instigate interest" in order to bag his player a better deal and line his own pocket. Apparently United lodged bids for and were supposedly desperate to sign Jason McCarty? Well at least up until Chris Wilder absolutely laughed it off when asked about him. He then went on to explain that he wasn't ever on our radars and that we weren't interested in him and sure as hell didn't table any bids for him.

And then we have the social media generation in which rubbish / spoof twitter rumours these days get spread around like wildfire before being picked up on by lazy journalists and even bookmakers.
21-07-2017, 00:09   #72
top4718

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock "You have to take your hat off to Sean, he could have moved on after being made quite a lucrative offer "

Sports writers Dom Howson and Chris Holt both report that the rumours of the Owls tabling a 3m offer were accurate.

@domhowson

@HoltChris
21-07-2017, 00:38   #73
charmingman

Quote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock "You have to take your hat off to Sean, he could have moved on after being made quite a lucrative offer "

Sports writers Dom Howson and Chris Holt both report that the rumours of the Owls tabling a 3m offer were accurate.

@domhowson

@HoltChris
Local sports journalists get it wrong quite a bit as we all know therefore please feel free to provide actual evidence of this said 3m bid.
21-07-2017, 00:46   #74
top4718

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmingman View Post
Local sports journalists get it wrong quite a bit as we all know therefore please feel free to provide actual evidence of this said 3m bid.
These two mostly get it right they don't post rumour and speculation, I know Dom quite well, he's a Huddersfield fan in reality but a good bloke, I'll tell him an ambulance driver is accusing him of making stories up next time I see him.
21-07-2017, 00:54   #75
charmingman

Quote:
These two mostly get it right they don't post rumour and speculation, I know Dom quite well, he's a Huddersfield fan in reality but a good bloke, I'll tell him an ambulance driver is accusing him of making stories up next time I see him.
In english?
21-07-2017, 01:03   #76
top4718

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmingman View Post
In english?
Is that English or have you devolved the nation to lower case lettering now, its amazing you reappear on SF after months away and lose every battle, might be time for another break or maybe post something about united signing another L1 player.
21-07-2017, 05:41   #77
alisonmanic
Geek Girl

Total Posts: 11,539
The usual bickering and sniping can cease once again. If you have a problem with another member, put them on ignore as you've been told countless times before or report it to us.
_______
Open your eyes ♦ Wake Up Link
21-07-2017, 22:47   #78
stpetre

Total Posts: 1,895
Quote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

@domhowson

@HoltChris
I wouldn't believe 'Colin' if he told me what time it was !

---------- Post added 21-07-2017 at 21:50 ----------

Quote:
Yes but if he played for Nottingham Forest last season, he must be good ...right...?
Reply To Topic