Has Tony Blair Lost His Marbles.

It depends on what you think the immigration problems are.

Can we send back EU immigrants who do not find work? Yes, totally within the rules.

this i will take your word for although i thought they could come over if they are in the eu but not 100% with the rules on that.

Are excessive numbers of EU immigrants claiming benefits? No, no evidence of that.

there was a progamme on tv looking at a guy that actively gets groups of immigrants in the country, finds them work for a couple of weeks to get a nat insurance number then claim benefits for their family in other countrys so i don't believe that

Can we refuse entry to EU immigrants with criminal records. Yes, always been able to do that.

Do we have full control of non-EU immigration? Yes, we have always had that control.

yes we might have full control of non eu immigration but that isn't the issue, it's the ones inside the eu we can't do anything about if we stay in. leave and we have full control of non eu and eu immigration.

We can do all this now so what are the problems exactly?

we are all going to have different opinions but i wouldn't trust what Blair says, i'm sure he must pick up or picked up a few quid from the eu

we are all going to have different opinions but i wouldn't trust what Blair says, i'm sure he must pick up or picked up a few quid from the eu

I'd expect some kind of globalisation agenda is partly influencing his thoughts.

Basically many businesses want cheap flexible labour on tap, and for them the current arrangement is just fine. He's probably just parroting what businesses are telling him.

This cheap flexible workforce have different demands to many UK citizens. Many don't necessarily want stable well-paid jobs in specific locations. Many don't want mortgages. These workers help avoid the big questions that if resolved would probably hurt Blair: we couldn't have a readjustment of the housing market could we could that would harm his property portfolio, for example.

Tell you what, history is going to judge him much worse than Thatcher. Give it 20 years and he'll be utterly and totally reviled.

please elaborate:roll:

Strewth, I must remember to change down a gear when talking to you: he is a snake who is trousering: stuffing his trouser pockets with as much money as possible.

OK, so it is logically impossible since snakes don't wear trousers, but in the context "snake" is a metaphor.

---------- Post added 16-07-2017 at 16:58 ----------

I remember Cameron visiting the EU before we had the vote. He told us he would get reforms for us. He returned with nothing credible...

Oh my. How gullible are you?!

Which reminds me when the buy to let epidemic started he was in power.

He's done well out of it hasn't he. Seriously, what a snake.

i don't think he deliberately started it though

Strewth, I must remember to change down a gear when talking to you: he is a snake who is trousering: stuffing his trouser pockets with as much money as possible.

OK, so it is logically impossible since snakes don't wear trousers, but in the context "snake" is a metaphor.

who mentioned snake????? not me:hihi:

everything you wanted to know about the free movement of labour and were afraid to ask

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_movement_for_workers_in_the_European_Union

if people take advantage of loopholes in our ni and benefit rules then perhaps we should be tightening the rules and checks we perform.

if people take advantage of loopholes in our ni and benefit rules then perhaps we should be tightening the rules and checks we perform.

No, no, we must blame the EU...

No, no, we must blame the EU...

To be quite honest how can anyone castigate them when Blaire is living it up

In my opinion Tony Blair has a Messiah complex. He is a narcissist who believes in his own mind that he knows what is right for all of us.

I'm not alone in that opinion, Robert Harris the author who knows him well holds the same opinion.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiY44GdqIzVAhUF7xQKHfJMDsgQFghuMAk&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fpolitics%2F2014%2Fjun%2F03%2Ftony-blair-narcissist-messiah-complex-robert-harris&usg=AFQjCNE5jBYyGUWaXzmKvXTwm9tzdruhfg

Blair regrets leaving politics earlier than he needed to, and wants to intervene in today's 'interesting times'.

Unfortunately for him his day is done, his reputation is shot and no one wants to listen to his opinions.

In short, he is not the Messiah, he is a very naughty boy.

love it! LOL

Blair is only showing that the EU referendum was not clear cut. It showed there was a huge divide in the country on such issues. The General Election did the same.

Blair is only showing that the EU referendum was not clear cut. It showed there was a huge divide in the country on such issues. The General Election did the same.

Yes, but if Blair says it then it can't possibly be true can it?

Some people just don't understand ad hominem. :roll:

Yes, but if Blair says it then it can't possibly be true can it?

Some people just don't understand ad hominem. :roll:

Yes well it is easy to attack Blair than to discuss the actual issue. Dismissive flagellation is a trick to lazily avoid actually doing something.