Does A Landlord Have To Provide A Lawnmower?

Yes of course and the toaster :loopy:

Flopping heck, do you mean toasters are also supplied?

We've never rented a house but when I was a kid we lived in a council house and my mother and dad bought all the electric appliances. I know some houses are let fully furnished and on short term lets, but then I would have thought the rent paid would reflect things like pat testing and any other requirements like that.

Interesting topic. The answer is no a lawn mower does not need to be provided... but in certain circumstances it may be advantageous to the landlord to provide it, or get the gardening done externally.

My parents have owned 15-20 houses to let for the last 40 years, only 3 times have they ever had tenants that look after the garden (a bicycle riding chap with gulf war syndrome stayed 20 years and kept the garden immaculate, 3 very young Polish house sharers stayed 6 years and also kept the house immaculate, and a retired couple who have moved up from Dorest and are 18 months into a rental stay are keeping the garden better than it has ever been). None of these tenants were provided with any gardening equipment... but they have done so in the past, it has never worked well, some pinch the equipment, some dont... but regardless of a mower provided 99% of all tenants only do any gardening after the 6 monthly property checks when it is brought to there attention that they haven't touched the garden and risk having gardeners bought in at there expense if they dont sort it out. They then spend a day sorting it, and make it look passable but 6 months later at the next check the garden will not have touched it again and the process repeats itself.

My parents take photos before each lease starts and tenants are obliged to keep the property to that standard.

Incidentally, in one place I rented with friends when I was younger; the owners came and did the gardening sometimes daily in summer, they kept the tools onsite in the shed that we had a key for but never went in. It worked well for us... but I like mowing so I would have mowed the grass regardless (I wouldn't have gardened though!).