Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Cheers for the quick response, any idea of a rough cost

Cheers for the quick response, any idea of a rough cost

Approximately £85 depending on which logic you have eg 24, 30 or 35 and if you're in the Sheffield area cheers Jon.

My ideal logic boiler seems to be very hit and miss with hot water,sometimes its red hot sometimes just nothing ,any ideas on problem

Have you been sorted with your boiler.

Regards Jonathan

Hi all,

I have a blockage in a microbore heating system in a let house. The house was built in 1993. It has a standard combi-boiler system running plastic microbore for heating. Concrete floor so microbore runs in the walls downstairs.

The downstairs living room radiator in the system becomes 'warm' but nothing like as mad hot as the others all equally become. I had a plumber friend go take a look, he added a chemical flush to the system and let it run for a week or so before going back - no joy although it did remove some sludge.

Next he removed the radiator and checked flow, again all ok and some grime removed from the flush. He applied pressure to the system and said that he was unable get flow through to the radiator. To him he felt there was a blockage in the LH side pipe serving that particular radiator. I asked if he had tried piano wire or some such technique to test / try removing the blockage but he hadn't.

And that's where it is at right now, lighter for cash and no fix ! After suggestions please, I need to get it sorted for the tenant. Thanks.

Edited by GJC2013

Some times its that solid that even a solid screw driver wont go through the blockage.

If you can get to both ends of said pipe you can use the staic pressure test pump sometimes to clear it.

Try a stronger chemical i.e. sentinel x400 over a longer time 1-2 weeks to see if that softens it make sure you clean it out though.

Good Luck

Mike

Met Gas Plumbers Sheffield

Hi GJC, had lots of similar issues like this, will need manifolds upstairs tracing and replacing ? Done lots on newish builds on old shirecliffe college site, cheers, Steve

Can you send me your contact details please. Tried to send you a PM but it's not showing in my sent messages- might be a problem with the Forum.

Hi, wanting a boiler service, not been done for 3 years. What sort of cost should I be looking at?

Thanks.

Hi, wanting a boiler service, not been done for 3 years. What sort of cost should I be looking at?

Thanks.

Hi I charge £60 for a service of a combi boiler.

Regards Jonathan

Thanks.

Hi we charge £50 if in Sheffield cheers Jon at JB Heating.

Hi I charge £60 for a service of a combi boiler.

Regards Jonathan

Hi Jon, thanks for that, will be in touch.