Wicker Camp Championship Muay Thai Boxing

Sheffield Muay Thai Gymnasium Wicker Camp will be holding a day of championship Muay Thai Boxing at the Octagon Centre on Sunday March 29th March.

Helene Garnett, undoubtedly one of the UK's greatest female fighters, will be facing Letitia Bakissey for a World Title.

Mehdi Firoozi and local fighter Shaun Lomas will be back in the ring together in a grudge match with the winner taking a Commonwealth Title.

Thomas McCormick will be fighting in a British Title Eliminator bout (opponent TBC).

There will also be a full under card show casing many of Wicker Camps up and coming fighters alongside fighters from some of UK's greatest Thai Boxing camps.

Tickets cost £25.

Doors open at 12. First fight at 1pm.

Tickets can be ordered by contacting Sheffield Thai Boxing Gym on 0114 2795470

Sheffield Muay Thai Gymnasium Wicker Camp will be holding a day of championship Muay Thai Boxing at the Octagon Centre on Sunday March 29th March.

Helene Garnett, undoubtedly one of the UK's greatest female fighters, will be facing Letitia Bakissey for a World Title.

Mehdi Firoozi and local fighter Shaun Lomas will be back in the ring together in a grudge match with the winner taking a Commonwealth Title.

Thomas McCormick will be fighting in a British Title Eliminator bout (opponent TBC).

There will also be a full under card show casing many of Wicker Camps up and coming fighters alongside fighters from some of UK's greatest Thai Boxing camps.

Tickets cost £25.

Doors open at 12. First fight at 1pm.

Tickets can be ordered by contacting Sheffield Thai Boxing Gym on 0114 2795470

Hi West

When you say "grudge match" there isnt really a "grudge" is there?

Last time out they fought for the was it a WMTO or ISKA British title?

Do you think it will go all 5 rounds this time? Whats your prediction?

Don't know if Grudge (in the true meaning of the word) is the right word to used to be fair, but there certainly is a fair bit of bad blood between the two of them. Shaun actually trained at Wicker for a very short time, having left there were then claism that he woudl willingly fight and beat several of the lads from Wicker.Mehdi was really annoyed with the way he performed last time and is determind to make ammends this time. Think it was for an ISKA title?

I don't really like to make predicitions as anything can happen - take the last fight they had for example. All I know is I have trained and sparred with both, and I don't see Shaun troubling Medhi in this fight, however Medhi is the only person that can prove me right.

Don't know if Grudge (in the true meaning of the word) is the right word to used to be fair, but there certainly is a fair bit of bad blood between the two of them. Shaun actually trained at Wicker for a very short time, having left there were then claism that he woudl willingly fight and beat several of the lads from Wicker.Mehdi was really annoyed with the way he performed last time and is determind to make ammends this time. Think it was for an ISKA title?

I don't really like to make predicitions as anything can happen - take the last fight they had for example. All I know is I have trained and sparred with both, and I don't see Shaun troubling Medhi in this fight, however Medhi is the only person that can prove me right.

Hi West

One thing you have to remember, is that Shaun fights not for pride or to be the best he can be but that is how he earns his $$$ for the most part.

Now claims that he would fight and "beat" most of Wicker? I seriously doubt shaun made those claims himself. Mind you, Shaun fights frequently in boxing as well as Thai or even K-1 . Again he takes a lot of fights on short notice for the $$$.

When asked if he would willingly fight the lads from the Wicker the answer is bound to be Yes with pleasure. For Shaun a fight is a fight.

Dont read too much into it would be my advice.

Bad Blood between them??? All because he trained at Wicker then left and founded his own gym?

Fair enough each to their own.

No Farhad, you misunderstand. Obviously there are no hard feelings for him having left Wicker Camp (to be honest he was only there a few months) and starting his own gym, how childish would that be - I mean, over the years many people have done that, Russ Connor, Cristian DiPoalo, Lee Chesters, Paul Timmins and there si no bad blood there - some of them are still very much involved at Wicker.

It's more to do with the outcome of the last fight to be honest.

I think it was actually Shaun that called for both fights, whether it be money or pride he strives for I couldn't comment but we all know there's no living to be made fighting in this country, in martial arts at least. That makes me think he's certainly craving some sort pride or sense of achievement - other wise why woudl a 'journeyman' ask to figth a specific opponent?

No Farhad, you misunderstand. Obviously there are no hard feelings for him having left Wicker Camp (to be honest he was only there a few months) and starting his own gym, how childish would that be - I mean, over the years many people have done that, Russ Connor, Cristian DiPoalo, Lee Chesters, Paul Timmins and there si no bad blood there - some of them are still very much involved at Wicker.

It's more to do with the outcome of the last fight to be honest.

I think it was actually Shaun that called for both fights, whether it be money or pride he strives for I couldn't comment but we all know there's no living to be made fighting in this country, in martial arts at least. That makes me think he's certainly craving some sort pride or sense of achievement - other wise why woudl a 'journeyman' ask to figth a specific opponent?

West,

Theres not many people out there that actually would fight Shaun. Believe it or not , yes he is what you would term a "journeyman" and Shaun likes to share the ring with high profile names. If anything Mehdi should see it as flattery.

I know Shaun personally so i know how his mind works. Shaun has been known to fight twice in a weekend at totally different weights as well (dont ask LOL). He Boxed (Boxing) on saturday in london at 81 Kg, lost then Thaiboxed in newcastle against one of the Jones Brothers (those lads from beastmasters) at 77kg on the sunday and KO'd him!!!

Crazy eh?

I don`t care if its a grudge match or not, I just want Mehdi to give him a good paggering and drop him with his trademark head-kick.

I don`t care if its a grudge match or not, I just want Mehdi to give him a good paggering and drop him with his trademark head-kick.

Loving it !!! :hihi:

On a serious note mate, I have heard all about Mehdis High kicks :help:

To quote Mr T " I pity the fool!!!" LOL

Is Daniel Hudson fighting on the bill? Sounds like a good line up. The last one was cracking.

Mehdi's a monster. He's really down to earth, technically sound and all round great guy.

I'll go public saying i want Mehdi to win! :thumbsup:

poster for the show on here,

wickercamp.co.uk/2009/02/world-championship-thai-boxing-octagon-29th-march-2009/

jus to add

ticket prices

£25 for adult

£35 for vip (includes food and drink)

£15 junior

tickets still available from gym, or any fighters.

line up as i know,

helene garnett vs. jorina baars(holland) i.s.k.a world title

mehdi firoozi vs. shaun lomas i.s.k.a commonwealth title

thomas mccormick vs. colm gillane

jamie shepard vs. scottish

james ogden vs. mark holmes (bad co)

jamie woodward vs. russell warry(scotland)

lewis hill vs tba

and 2 junior fights jaz meates and james pierce

Mehdi's a monster. He's really down to earth, technically sound and all round great guy.

I'll go public saying i want Mehdi to win! :thumbsup:

he sure is. cant wait for this fight, if he fights like he trains then god help anybody in the ring with him :thumbsup: