Long shot I know..but can't hurt to spread the word

Hi all

It's a long shot I know but wanted to ask on here if anyone knows of a dog who would be missing possibly from the stretton area?

I ask as this morning as I was driving from sheffield to ripley I found a dog who had been hit and killed by a car and had been left in the road, I couldnt bear to leave her there so i managed to pick her up and get her into my car as was hoping she would have a ID tag on her collar but unfortunately didn't. As I don't know the area well at all and was so upset for her I couldnt think of any vets in the immediate area that I knew of so I ended up taking her to the big vets in alfreton which was about 5 mins away from where I found her.

The vet nurse checked for a chip but she didn't have one but said she would keep her there for a month to hopefully give the owners time to find her.

Thought I would post on here even though I know it's predominately sheffield topics but never know hopefully someone can pass this information on to friends or family they may know in that area, would hate for her to not find her owners.

She was a mainly black dog with tan marks on her face and legs, around medium size with a pink collar with what I think were silver bones on.

Fingers crossed the lovely lady gets reunited.......so sad!!

Hi all

It's a long shot I know but wanted to ask on here if anyone knows of a dog who would be missing possibly from the stretton area?

I ask as this morning as I was driving from sheffield to ripley I found a dog who had been hit and killed by a car and had been left in the road, I couldnt bear to leave her there so i managed to pick her up and get her into my car as was hoping she would have a ID tag on her collar but unfortunately didn't. As I don't know the area well at all and was so upset for her I couldnt think of any vets in the immediate area that I knew of so I ended up taking her to the big vets in alfreton which was about 5 mins away from where I found her.

The vet nurse checked for a chip but she didn't have one but said she would keep her there for a month to hopefully give the owners time to find her.

Thought I would post on here even though I know it's predominately sheffield topics but never know hopefully someone can pass this information on to friends or family they may know in that area, would hate for her to not find her owners.

She was a mainly black dog with tan marks on her face and legs, around medium size with a pink collar with what I think were silver bones on.

How incredibly kind and thoughtful of you, I have absolute admiration for people like yourself who willingly do such selfless acts.

She obviously was a pet with a collar like that on, and I can't even begin to imagine what the owners are going through. I hope she is reunited because it may help the owners with their grieving.....there can't be anything worse than never knowing your pets end.

RIP poor doggy :-(

Can I just add as well how kind of you to do what you did for this little one

I hope her owners can be found

Thank you both, was a tough start to the morning, I just couldn't bear to drive past and leave her, to me all animals are something to someone somewhere, just wish I had found her sooner :( found myself getting upset when it came for me to leave her at the vets, funny how only looking after her for 5mins you still have all the emotions as if it was your own.

Hopefully she's having a lovely run round above now.

Aww, that's really sad. Very kind of you to stop and take her to the vets Tinkerbella. I hope her owners manage to locate her xx

Sad news....

there are some members here who maybe could help here to spread a word via social media?

Thank you both, was a tough start to the morning, I just couldn't bear to drive past and leave her, to me all animals are something to someone somewhere, just wish I had found her sooner :( found myself getting upset when it came for me to leave her at the vets, funny how only looking after her for 5mins you still have all the emotions as if it was your own.

Hopefully she's having a lovely run round above now.

I know what you mean, and I think if you love animals you just have an instant connection with them all, and the instinct to protect them and care for them kicks in and if you can't do that then it really upsets you. You did the kindest thing you could have possibly done in these circumstances and if her owners are located I'm sure they'll be eternally grateful for your kindness.

Hi all

Thank you so much for caring and trying to do the right thing.

To be honest people are either animal people or they are not.

It's refreshing that there are still compassionate people out there.

I've had a look on dog lost but can't find anything on there sorry.

I really hope the owner can be found...