Dead black and white cat - Mosborough Parkway 20th Oct

Hi,

All these details have been passed on to Sheffield City Council who will be taking care of this poor little thing. At around 13:10 today I saw a black and white cat run across the road from Shirebrook Valley side to Hackenthorpe side, around where the pedestrian crossing gaps are in the stretch between Normanton Springs and Drakehouse Retail end. It had no collar, so I am hoping it's chipped so an owner can be contacted at least instead of left wondering. I turned round and went back to check if it was alive, as I would have taken it to the nearest vet for help, unfortunately as he or she was dead, I moved them from the road to some grass at the road side. The council have this logged and will be collecting him or her. I wanted to post here too just in case they're not chipped

Edited by miwinter

That's so sad!!!! So kind of you to do what you did though!!!

Did you actually see it get run over and then get up and run off?

This is the main reason I wouldn't own a cat - I'd never rest when they were outside :-(

I was coming the opposite way and saw it happen up ahead on the other side. A life is a life, you can't just leave anyone to die in my book if there's any chance at all. Yep, near a busy road like that, it's really risky of course. Even though my house is on a quieter road, our cat is a house cat for this reason. I'd have stopped for a dog or otherwise too, for the record.

I was coming the opposite way and saw it happen up ahead on the other side. A life is a life, you can't just leave anyone to die in my book if there's any chance at all. Yep, near a busy road like that, it's really risky of course. Even though my house is on a quieter road, our cat is a house cat for this reason. I'd have stopped for a dog or otherwise too, for the record.

Thankfully I've never seen an animal in a road accident, I don't think I'd ever get over it. I absolutely agree with you, a life is a life and I would stop for anything in the hope of saving it.

Well done for doing what you did, you could have been the difference between life and death if it was still alive when you got to it.

RIP pussy cat :-(

Thank you, very kind words. Just doing the right thing really, credit to Mum and Dad there for sure.

Yep indeed, rest in peace little kitty :-(

Hi,

All these details have been passed on to Sheffield City Council who will be taking care of this poor little thing. At around 13:10 today I saw a black and white cat run across the road from Shirebrook Valley side to Hackenthorpe side, around where the pedestrian crossing gaps are in the stretch between Normanton Springs and Drakehouse Retail end. It had no collar, so I am hoping it's chipped so an owner can be contacted at least instead of left wondering. I turned round and went back to check if it was alive, as I would have taken it to the nearest vet for help, unfortunately as he or she was dead, I moved them from the road to some grass at the road side. The council have this logged and will be collecting him or her. I wanted to post here too just in case they're not chipped

Thank you for doing the right thing I wish more people had compassion like you...

Thank you, appreciate the kind words again. I just wish I'd been able to save him or her.