Italian refugees donate money to earthquake victims

Not much makes me roor, but an article in todays newspaper has.

It appears that desperately poor refugees in Italy who survive on £2-14 pence per day have donated all their money to people effected by the apocalyptic earthquake in central Italy.

Lets hope that our Dukes of Westminster( and so on )as well as the rest of the rich beyond belief brigade follow suite and give amounts similar to income as the poorest people on Earth have done.

I have not yet seen any appeal ads in any newspapers for donations as yet perhaps that may be due to it being an E.U disaster .

---------- Post added 26-08-2016 at 13:23 ----------

Not much makes me roor, but an article in todays newspaper has.

It appears that desperately poor refugees in Italy who survive on £2-14 pence per day have donated all their money to people effected by the apocalyptic earthquake in central Italy.

Lets hope that our Dukes of Westminster( and so on )as well as the rest of the rich beyond belief brigade follow suite and give amounts similar to income as the poorest people on Earth have done.

I have not yet seen any appeal ads in any newspapers for donations as yet perhaps that may be due to it being an E.U disaster .

Who altered My thread title , it was designed to make people sit up and take notice.

History of Italian earthquake relief shows that donations are siphoned of by corrupt organisations under the guise of reconstruction companies.

The Italian government really need to look at the construction companies that will be popping up to siphon off the aid money

That's nice of the refugees.

I wonder if the Italian government will be jailing anyone was failing to predict this earthquake like they did after L'Aquila.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/9626075/LAquila-earthquake-scientists-sentenced-to-six-years-in-jail.html

Did they ever actually serve time in jail? The Italian system is different to ours. They weren't going to go to prison until all the appeals were exhausted....

Oh, and to the OP, the Queen made a donation to the British Red Cross whom I guess will be travelling to Italy to assist....or will pass it on. I don't know which.

Edited by Santo

Who altered My thread title , it was designed to make people sit up and take notice.

It's a forum rule that thread titles are descriptive to prevent hundreds of pointless thread openings just to find out that the users aren't interested in the topic of the thread.

We know that you may not agree with that, but we routinely change all threads which aren't descriptive to make them easier to tell apart from each other for users.

Have you asked Bojo the Clown? He's a foreigner something-or-other.

Did they ever actually serve time in jail? The Italian system is different to ours. They weren't going to go to prison until all the appeals were exhausted....

Oh, and to the OP, the Queen made a donation to the British Red Cross whom I guess will be travelling to Italy to assist....or will pass it on. I don't know which.

Fortunately it appears they didn't. The scientists won an appeal in 2014, however the then deputy head of Italy's civil protection department, Bernardo De Bernardinis, remained convicted but with a reduced jail term of 2 years.

Shocking that a witch hunt like this can occur in Europe in this day and age.

Nice of the Queen to give a donation too.

Is this a minority doing something and people are judging ALL refugees as the same?