Islam and English law..

Islam is a political ideology and it controls every aspect of the believers life.... I don't see it as a true religion where you are free to choose or not believe at all but rather as a controlling tool that is designed for the men folk to control women and kill them under the guise of "honour" when there is nothing honourable whatsoever in doing so because the so called believer thinks he has the right to take a life because he doesn't like a woman being independent.

Its more like a cult in my opinion and a dangerous one at that that uses our liberal laws against us to survive. It seems to prosper under our laws even though its incompatible with how most of us see and feel. I think we are too accommodating in how we allow a two tier law system to operate in this Country with Sharia courts having the upper hand for Muslims above and beyond how the rest of us are governed. For example, a Muslim man can have four wives with benefits paid to each one but if you or I taker more than one partner in marriage we could be jailed for up to 7yrs.

Is it not time we all lived under the same rules?

This thread is only going one way, but I have to correct, very explicitly, your point: We already live under the same rules. Honour killings are illegal here, just as they are illegal in Pakistan. I assume you are referring to the poor lass killed there by her family after remarrying the man she loved.

I would suggest you brush up on your knowledge before feeling the right to judge an entire religion by their excesses. If you go down that route the world will be without 'correct' people very soon. Fortunately the British judges are better informed than you are.

Islam is a political ideology and it controls every aspect of the believers life.... I don't see it as a true religion where you are free to choose or not believe at all but rather as a controlling tool that is designed for the men folk to control women and kill them under the guise of "honour" when there is nothing honourable whatsoever in doing so because the so called believer thinks he has the right to take a life because he doesn't like a woman being independent.

Its more like a cult in my opinion and a dangerous one at that that uses our liberal laws against us to survive. It seems to prosper under our laws even though its incompatible with how most of us see and feel. I think we are too accommodating in how we allow a two tier law system to operate in this Country with Sharia courts having the upper hand for Muslims above and beyond how the rest of us are governed. For example, a Muslim man can have four wives with benefits paid to each one but if you or I taker more than one partner in marriage we could be jailed for up to 7yrs.

Is it not time we all lived under the same rules?

Not in Britain he can't.

This thread is only going one way, but I have to correct, very explicitly, your point: We already live under the same rules. Honour killings are illegal here, just as they are illegal in Pakistan. I assume you are referring to the poor lass killed there by her family after remarrying the man she loved.

I would suggest you brush up on your knowledge before feeling the right to judge an entire religion by their excesses. If you go down that route the world will be without 'correct' people very soon. Fortunately the British judges are better informed than you are.

It sounds to me like you are condoning Islam.... I guess you think that all terrorists are "mentally ill" like the press do and that its nothing to do with Islam.... I suppose you think we all live under the same rules and if so why do we have Sharia courts in this Country dealing with divorce, wife battering etc.... Explain that one away?

It sounds to me like you are condoning Islam.... I guess you think that all terrorists are "mentally ill" like the press do and that its nothing to do with Islam.... I suppose you think we all live under the same rules and if so why do we have Sharia courts in this Country dealing with divorce, wife battering etc.... Explain that one away?

Do you know what condone means?

Not in Britain he can't.

Wrong! He can as long as they were married overseas. It shows the level of knowledge you have.

---------- Post added 21-08-2016 at 23:41 ----------

Do you know what condone means?

Overlook, disregard or forgive.

Wrong! He can as long as they were married overseas. It shows the level of knowledge you have.

That's not English law then is it?

Overlook, disregard or forgive.

And you think that is what he is doing?

Ok.

---------- Post added 21-08-2016 at 23:48 ----------

i will quote the "offences against the person act of 1861

Whosoever, being married, shall marry any other person during the life of the former husband or wife, whether the second marriage shall have taken place in England or Ireland or elsewhere, shall be guilty of felony, and being convicted thereof shall be liable to be kept in penal servitude for any term not exceeding seven years

not the word Elsewhere.

your wrong.

One suspects the Daily Mail has put this bee in his bonnet....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3414264/Want-higher-benefits-marry-one-wife-New-welfare-rules-hand-extra-taxpayer-cash-polygamists.html

I wonder if the same is true for Mormons? I look forward to his anti-Mormon tread.

If you know of any 'court' that contradicts the English law, than please report them. Other than that, try and inform yourself before spouting utter nonsense.

That's not English law then is it?

No but its accepted in British law.... For goodness sake look it up instead of protesting to me.

No but its accepted in British law.... For goodness sake look it up instead of protesting to me.

Is it now? can you point out where it says that?

If you know of any 'court' that contradicts the English law, than please report them. Other than that, try and inform yourself before spouting utter nonsense.

I don't spout nonsense, I talk facts and you would do good to brush up on your own. You only need to take your rose tinted glasses off and look it up.