Wallets, what do you keep in yours (if you have one) ?

As has just come up in another thread, I don't carry or even own a wallet. I've never needed one.

It got me thinking though, what on Earth do people keep in their wallets and why?

Is it stuff that I should be carrying around with me? :suspect:

My national ID card :D

Payment cards, driving license, business cards, a banknote or two. Oh yeah, and obligatory photo of Mrs L00b and kid L00b. And my Ye Old Village Club membership card (cos noone ever believes a frog could ever become a member there :P). It's a small wallet that I try hard to keep thin (thicker not good for pockets).

Edited by L00b

Cards, money (occasionally), my electronic pass for work.

Forgot to add why.

Because I like to have my stuff in one place.

As has just come up in another thread, I don't carry or even own a wallet. I've never needed one.

It got me thinking though, what on Earth do people keep in their wallets and why?

Is it stuff that I should be carrying around with me? :suspect:

Cash, obviously.

Bank Cards and Credit cards

RAC card

Oyster card (not strictly necessary but I don't lose it this way)

Cards for a small number of sandwich/coffee/hair-cut places that I frequent and collect stamps, waterstones card, climbing registration cards for several places, out of date nandos card.

If I go out on a Friday night I leave it at home and just take 2 cards and some cash.

Although I use a wallet for bank card and money, it's way too small to fit all the accoutrements a modern man-on-the-go requires.

As such, I have a man-bag ... it's not only brill, it's changed my entire life for the better! :o

In attractive brown leather, and measuring just 250 by 180 by 70(ish)mm with a fully adjustable shoulder strap, the John Rocha comes with a magnetic main flap, under which are cleverly designed compartments for pens, e-pipe (two, plus fluid and charger), kindle (plus charger), phone (plus charger), mobile wi-fi hot-spot (plus charger), bluetooth speaker (plus charger), notepad, tissues, and of course my wallet. Also a little flap thing of spurious design which is useful for coin storage and one of those pretend pound coins you use when attempting to disentangle a shopping trolley from the others at Asda.

Forget wallets ... man-bags are the way forward! :suspect:

Debit card

Credit card

Walrus Card (like an Oyster for Merseytravel)

Shell points card

Nectar card

Blood / donor card

Driving licence

Book of stamps

Cash

Aren't all the chargers the same, terminating in micro USB sockets?

Cash, obviously.

Bank Cards and Credit cards

RAC card

Oyster card (not strictly necessary but I don't lose it this way)

Cards for a small number of sandwich/coffee/hair-cut places that I frequent and collect stamps, waterstones card, climbing registration cards for several places, out of date nandos card.

If I go out on a Friday night I leave it at home and just take 2 cards and some cash.

Very similar for me.

I have our two together railcard instead of the Oyster card, a donor card and a library card and a book of 1st class stamps. The latter has saved me on occasion.

I have an old fashioned drivers licence that won't fit.

Just like I keep all my wallet things in my wallet, I also keep all my keys on a keyring. When I go out in the evening I always just take some cash out of my wallet and a single house key off the keyring.

I always collect too many receipts in my wallet, and when it gets too thick I have a clear out.

Aren't all the chargers the same, terminating in micro USB sockets?

The plug may be similar, but I believe the phone and kindle ones charge at different rates, the e-cig one has a special fitting. I carry two mains USB sockets in case I want to charge more than one thing at a time. No problem with a man-bag! :)

I have an old fashioned drivers licence that won't fit.

As in the paper version?

Haven't these been entirely replaced now?

If you already hold a paper counterpart, since 8 June 2015 it no longer has any legal status. You should destroy your paper counterpart

As in the paper version?

Haven't these been entirely replaced now?

Madness! He might as well be carrying an out of date Nando's card! :wink: