‘This Girl Can’ … And Boys Can Too!

I think it's specifically with regard to females.

I think society is definitely more critical towards girls regarding image and appearance.

If you could edit your OP and use

or even just " " around the bit that you are quoting, it would be helpful.

Ever heard the story about the solitary woman who worked in an office full of men. She was presentable and smart but it wasn't a big deal. Then another woman joined the team and it was 'game on' with regard to appearance and a marked difference in turnout. The original woman was heard to complain about the extra effort she was having to put in regarding her clothing and hair and make-up.

When you factor in the size of the women's fashion industry compared to the male. It's obvious women care more about their appearance and this fact effects many other aspects of their lives.

Even though 'This Girl Can' . . . . . . she my not want to.

until we get to a situation where people are judged for who they are then we can never move forward.

We had a situation when at a suppliers and the secretary went towards her car to drive home and it was icy

Bear in mind this lady had blonde hair so you know the issues.

She got in the car and we all said "this is going to be carnage"

- will she drive into a lamppost?

- what if she forgets its icy and can't stop at the junction?

Do you know what happened?

she got in her car and drove to the junction without any problems. She stopped and then joined the traffic

She returned to work the following day after she had driven

Unless we stop judging people based on their sex things can never improve. Women are just as able as men and vise versa.

Ever heard the story about the solitary woman who worked in an office full of men. She was presentable and smart but it wasn't a big deal. Then another woman joined the team and it was 'game on' with regard to appearance and a marked difference in turnout. The original woman was heard to complain about the extra effort she was having to put in regarding her clothing and hair and make-up.

When you factor in the size of the women's fashion industry compared to the male. It's obvious women care more about their appearance and this fact effects many other aspects of their lives.

Even though 'This Girl Can' . . . . . . she my not want to.

It's a silly anecdote, but women generally are under more pressure from society to present a certain image.

And that image isn't often a sporty, sweaty, physically competitive one, although I think it has improved over time.

---------- Post added 30-01-2015 at 08:42 ----------

Women are just as able as men and vise versa.

Pretending that gender differences don't exist isn't particularly helpful either.

Don't click on that, he's spamming it to multiple threads.

Don't click on that, he's spamming it to multiple threads.

Sorted Cyclone...thanks :)

I think a lot of gyms already cater for them quite adequately.

Never heard of bigots hour...never.

This headline from a junior 'parkrun' report.

For once Boys are included too. We have initiatives for all sorts of minorities and even for some majorities (women = 50%+) but never for male, white, heterosexuals. Luckily most of us don't need to be told because we are out there actually doing it, whatever it is.

We do feel oppressed but it is not our way to moan about it.

So what is it that we do to our young males that gives them this attitude and how can we imbue the rest of the population with it?

I hate all this girl can stuff. Very patronising to girls who are active.

I remember Handsworth Grange asking their girls to redesign their PE kit because that was the reason they weren't doing sport. Absolute rubbish!

On the whole female athletes are more successful than the men - Pavey, Ennis, Johnson-Thompson, Bleasdale etc.

go4it - "On the whole female athletes are more successful than the men - Pavey, Ennis, Johnson-Thompson, Bleasdale etc."

In Britain!

In the world as a whole they can only equal men in the number of gold medal's etc, is to have a protected category for them alone.

Except in Olympic Syncro swimming where males are not allowed.

The only Olympic discipline that still practices discrimination. umm?