What Happened to Vernon Nash

Anyone know where "Vernon Nash" is these days...He looked a lot like Elton John and he used to play electric piano in "Joe Cockers Grease Band" in the late 60's...He had a Very attractive wife called Pauline (who I used to drool over.. but she never new)...He was a great bloke to talk to and he was always full of life..He was made redundant from "Joe's Band" when "Joe" became Famous...He played in another band with me for a couple of months and then I lost track of him...I heard rumors he had gone abroad to the "West Indies"...Can anyone add more to this?

Anyone know where "Vernon Nash" is these days...He looked a lot like Elton John and he used to play electric piano in "Joe Cockers Grease Band" in the late 60's...He had a Very attractive wife called Pauline (who I used to drool over.. but she never new)...He was a great bloke to talk to and he was always full of life..He was made redundant from "Joe's Band" when "Joe" became Famous...He played in another band with me for a couple of months and then I lost track of him...I heard rumors he had gone abroad to the "West Indies"...Can anyone add more to this?
Dunno where Nash is but,Pauline was last seen working in Barnardos at Bannercross about 12 months ago!

Have Joe's biography in front of me by Bean avec photo including Vernon Nash with specs behind Dave Memmott on drums. Am sorry but I know as much about where he is as he knows about where I am. But it would be nice to know that the guys are still OK.

dear Timbuck, knew Vernon years and years ago in Spain...saw your posting and looked him up on Spanish google (.es) and found him at the bottom of the first page.. slshallam dot com (sorry, but the system won't allow me to put links)...there's an English version to the website. Regards, Enjay

To the people on the forum asking about me. I live in Madrid and would be happy to receive any messages from old friends and acquaintances.

Hi Vern,

Its Gres. I,ve been trying to track you down for a while and wondered if you were still in Spain. Do you ever get back to Sheffield? If so, lets meet up for a drink or few.

Love Gres.

Hi Timbuck,

Its Gres. Vern has been in Spain for years now. The jammy sod got a grant to open a language school in Spain, as long as the word Sheffield was included in the name. Hence, The Sheffield School of Languages, Madrid.

Hope your all keeping ok up there.

Love, Gres.

nice to hr

from you grez. will be in touch to give more details

e

I met Vernon the weekend before last. He now lives in Madrid. He still plays/sings brilliantly and has the same vibrant personality as you describe.

Vernon, Gres.........

Great to know you are both well!

Peter Dronfield calling LOL.

I wondered what happened to the only true musicians I ever met. I saw Vernon only a few times and recall him best by Dave Fox's party. Him being locked in the loo LOL

Gres at the time of the Memphis Six was a musical inspiration. Frankly it was wasted upon me since I had belief but no talent; except to find bookings LOL

I imagined that Vern & Gres would have had musical careers to match talent and the 1960's timing.

I am retired in Thailand after building Companies. I turned my hand to finding contract work rather than gigs LOL

Anyway, I hope you see this message. My nusic these days is eastern with a smattering of Karaoke. ( I could not sing very well either but improve)

I wonder what happened to Lee ?

Regards

Peter

PS The Blue Shed Theatre Sheffield is mine, but closing soon. Its going to be a factory again LOL Wish I had this in the '60's in support of a new band !

Hi Vern,

RIP Cocker! You & Pauline under covers, me, JC & Stainton listening to Mingus @ @2:00 am. Nostalgia ain't what it used to be. Hope all is well & would love to hear from you.

I'm still playing the blues in San Francisco, howsabout thee?

John (OldCestrefeldian)

Hi Vern, this is John Lee the drummer. Just wondering how you were,what you have been up to. Drop me a line, stay cool. John