Ex Waltheof School pupils

:roll: I am looking for old school mates that went to waltheof secondary modern I left in 1963/64 if any one remembers me I would like them to contact me to chat about life @ Waltheof and what as happened since you left.

Originally posted by "Susan Hague"

:roll: I am looking for old school mates that went to waltheof secondary modern I left in 1963/64 if any one remembers me I would like them to contact me to chat about life @ Waltheof and what as happened since you left.

Have you tried http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk ? That would be a good place to start.

Nomme

Guest Guest

Hello Yes I have been a member there for about 6months now and although there is plenty in my age group I know none of them :oops:

My aunty Jean Goodwin, went to Waltheof and left in 64 I think. She's registered on Friends Reunited. You know her??

any waltheof pupils on here 75 2 78 ilrft in 78 pop was headmaster and matt wasdep head cheers

I am glad I saw this thread. I was hoping to find pupils from Waltheof from the early days. My class was the first class Lined up outside Waltheof on the first day it opened 45 yrs ago. I was the first in line and felt very proud of my new uniform, Our class designed the Torch the Badge of the school. The teachers were very strict, Some very sadistic, so much so, If they were to be named today they would face charges. Postlethwaite was the headmaster then He ruled with a cane that hurt. Marshall was the deputy head. He used to hide round corners then give us a caning for walking on the wrong side of the corridor. Grundy, Holland big fat and smelly. He was the RE teacher. I miss those days despite the abuse that used to happen at that school. I shed a tear though when scum bags set fire to the school. I left school in 1961. I recall all my school days. Maybe some of that discipline should return. I have wandered what has happened to a Mr. Saxon. He was head of Whitby Road School. That was the feeder school for Waltheof when I was there. Mr. Saxon was a very nice bloke. Very understanding. Also a Mr. Edwards. He may have passed on he was very ill. Sorry. I could go on forever about Waltheof.

I remember you very well indeed. Maybe you may not remember me though. But Hey! Good times were they not. That Damn Marshall.....

Do you remember Roger Pass, His dad kept Greyhouds. What a character. Used to be my best mate. But lost touch. I remember the first day at the school. The very first day it opened. I have put a piece on another thread about that. It was our generation that designed their badge. In those days it was the badge of courage. I shed a tear when the scum bags set fire to it.

• Like 1

are you any relation to harry

woza warrender says hello

S Twar

Is who a relation to Harry. If me. Then no I am not. But It would take Harry Houdini to scam off from Waltheof back in the sixties. Any-one recall Mr. Burke. The truant officer that used to drive the Morris 1000. He used to be a right old bas.......d. to say the least. I remember him chasing us through the woods at Bowden Woods. He tied my mate Passy to a tree whilst he ran after the rest of us. He hit one other behind the head. I got away thank god. Can you imagine this happening today.

did anyone go to waltheof school, i left in 1989