Tell me about this building?

Looks like a school caretakers house to me.... That area was bombed and levelled in the war,so there could have been a school on the open ground next to it

If you go back just a gnats, to the left of this building, you will see two buildings before you hit the junction with duchess road, the children's centre and duchess road community rooms.

That land was duchess road school i believe, and the house was as was suggested, the caretakers house.

I thought it was common knowledge that it was a school caretakers house. The school was still open in the fifties.

Edited by lazarus

I thought it was common knowledge that it was a school caretakers house. The chocolate was still open in the fifties.

The chocolate?

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s22302&pos=2&action=zoom think this may be the school that has been mentioned.

---------- Post added 18-12-2014 at 11:37 ----------

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.372722,-1.468235,23.07z?hl=en this appears to be the same perspective aswel

It was a the caretakers house I fitted the aerial there about 15 years ago,,it was a cold damp place when I was there,the guy there was moaning about the place he said he was moving out in a few months...I think its been empty ever since.

Edited by Lobos

The chocolate?

Don't know what happened there I'm afraid.