Refurbished game consoles from CEX?

I was thinking to buy ps vita from cex.

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=71171918B3G3

Anybody have good or had experience, does console comes with charger and everything?

I tried to Google, experiences are mixed.

Or should I stick to eBay?

it all depends...

some come with charger, some don't, if it's grade A and boxed, it generally means anything that was in the box new, is still with it..... Unboxed means it's just the console but nothing major wrong cosmetically..

Boxed B and below can be missing some accessories, unboxed B and below are usually scratched a little or bumped/scuffed etc..

however, I honestly wouldn't bother with a PSVita anymore, not very popular, games are still expensive to buy, and not many good games...

Oh, and they removed app support for some of the popular Vita apps like FaceBook/Twitter/Youtube etc... so they no-longer work either...

I know, only reason for ps vita is remote play ps4. Dont want to buy another TV, and my wife is always watching some bakery show or some "show", so I am looking for a way to play my ps4 games

I'm selling a pstv 20 quid with this you can play your ps4 on another TV upstairs for example just need to either connect via ethernet are WiFi

Tnx, but no other TV is present for now.

I avoid cex, alot of their 2nd hand stuff is more expensive than brand new....after sales support is naff, just pop up to playtime by jd sports, iam sure they will hook you up and price match cex. Or you could drop £350 on psvr, all ps4 games work on it, like playing on a cinema screen, then you have a portable tv aswell as a happy wife.

Tnx for recommendation, I will try playtime

croat, the only reason to go via CEX and pay the CEX 'premium' for a 2nd hand unit, is the additional warranty (6 months IIRC) relative to a 2nd hand unit on here or Gumtree or Shpock or eBay.

Vitas have a good reliability record, personally I wouldn't bother with a CEX unit (hardware-wise, I'd only ever buy a 2nd hand phone from CEX, because they check that it's not been stolen or IMI-barred). They're starting to appear around the £60 mark now, when they are still around £100 in CEX.

Good choice btw, and there are some cracking games on it. The rooting/CFW/crack procedure on it still looked fairly complicated last time I looked, but if it gets any easier, I'll probably be after one myself. Early Mk1 models have the better screen (OLED) relative to the newer slim ones, btw.

I avoid cex, alot of their 2nd hand stuff is more expensive than brand new....after sales support is naff, just pop up to playtime by jd sports, iam sure they will hook you up and price match cex. Or you could drop £350 on psvr, all ps4 games work on it, like playing on a cinema screen, then you have a portable tv aswell as a happy wife.
You'll have to tell me which CEX you go to, so I know to avoid it. My local ones are Worksop's and Retford's, and I have never seen anything in either, that was "more expensive than brand new". But they're certainly very expensive for retro hardware. I'm sure I clocked an N64 (console only) for £80-odd a few weeks back (:o)

Cash Converters is frequently cheaper though (not by much, but a pound is a pound ;)), on a like-for-like basis.

Can't remember the last time I found owt interesting (games-wise) in either, that said.

Edited by L00b

croat

Good choice btw, and there are some cracking games on it. The rooting/CFW/crack procedure on it still looked fairly complicated last time I looked, but if it gets any easier, I'll probably be after one myself. Early Mk1 models have the better screen (OLED) relative to the newer slim ones, btw.

Hehe, I must admit, henkaku and upcoming adrenalin did play role in decision for buying vita:hihi:

L00b.... quick example i saw yesterday, crystal peaks cex. Playstation vr brand new costs £350. cex sell it for £450. Also playtime give you a warranty aswell,not just cex.

L00b.... quick example i saw yesterday, crystal peaks cex. Playstation vr brand new costs £350. cex sell it for £450. Also playtime give you a warranty aswell,not just cex.

CEX Warranty is 2 years!

Not surprised they have a premium on PSVR as its supposedly sold-out until December.

Edited by AlexAtkin