Bassett Road, wybourn

can anyone tell me what it is like to live on Bassett Road, Wybourn..any info or advice much appreciated :)

Edited by michelle69

i used to live on the end of outram road, thats at the bottom of bassett,, next to where the old nursery used to be,, lived on wybourn all my life, still here now on southend road near the farmers field/manor castle,,,

lived down near bassett till i was 21 and im 31 now,,

it was always a pretty decent area to be honest,,

i have a good few freinds that still live on bassett road aswell,,

i cant imagine it has changed much in the last 10 years and i know theres a good few private houses on that road now so that has to tell you something itself !!!

thanks very much..i live on wybourn now myself an find it ok apart from the fact there are thousands of kids and youths andit just happens to be my house that is the place to hang about. kinda makes me feel uneasy so didnt want to move to the same. youre comments helped though, thanks again

:

( Most probable cause outside GL above dpc Cavity blocked and damp getting across cavity Cure lower GL external Take some bricks out ext and clean cavity out Sounds like you have no drain to connect down pipe to and making problem worse Cure dig a trench a foot deep and 4 yards long at the end of trench dig a soakaway a yard square and a yard deep and fill with hard core and lime stone chippings Its no good drilling wall and pumping dpc in Cure whats causing problem not what problem is or it will never go away There is plenty of lads out there to sort this out cheaply as its unskilled labour :help:

I have been living on Wybourn for nearly 4 months and i love it. Best thing i ever did.

:

( Most probable cause outside GL above dpc Cavity blocked and damp getting across cavity Cure lower GL external Take some bricks out ext and clean cavity out Sounds like you have no drain to connect down pipe to and making problem worse Cure dig a trench a foot deep and 4 yards long at the end of trench dig a soakaway a yard square and a yard deep and fill with hard core and lime stone chippings Its no good drilling wall and pumping dpc in Cure whats causing problem not what problem is or it will never go away There is plenty of lads out there to sort this out cheaply as its unskilled labour :help:

Is this on the right thread ?

I've lived on Wybourn for 42 years, and can say it's ok on Bassett, i only live 100 metres or so away myself.