Estate agent selling fees - Woodseats

Hi I was wondering if anyone had recently had their house valued or put on the market near Woodseats. Which agents are currently the cheapest as I am looking at getting some valuations but don't want to waste peoples time. I know that you usually get what you pay for but want to keep the estate agent selling fees to a minimum, cheers

Get the property guide (Sheff Telegraph) and go through it giving the ones that look like they are doing a good job a call. They might ask the rough value of your house. Thats easy enough to guestimate. Fees are generally 1 to 2% but all offer different packages and so different prices.

Hi Monty789,

When choosing an agent don't just go for the cheapest. Although fees are obviously an important factor, try to find out if the agent has recently sold properties like yours in your area (has "sold" not just has "for sale").

This can easily be done by asking the agent and driving around your local area and looking for sold boards on similar properties.

Here are 10 tips for choosing an estate agent: http://www.whichpropertyagent.co.uk/property-news/top-ten-tips-for-choosing-an-estate-agent-to-sell-your-house

Hope it helps.

James

We've been looking around S6 and S8 for somewhere to buy, Blundells woodseat branch and the real cheap self sell by hatched have been the best to deal with as buyers, others we've dealt with just had no idea of what they are selling.

if you want to save the comission, try selling privately, we ended up selling ours via an online agent, we paid £360 for self selling which saved us around £6,500 on fees, it helped us massively given the cost of all the other bits and pieces like solicitors.

It helped stomach the market drop, average offers were lower 15%-30% than the asking price.

In the end we sold one week after self selling, and for £10,000 more than the best offer via an estate agent, at least we saved something on fees and helped us when we accepted an offer of 16% lower than the asking price for us.

The guys we used were mypropertyforsale, depending on your circumstances, we gave the estate agents a fair crack at it for 7 months May-Nov. Hope it goes well for you.

Blundells move houses fast in that area they would be my first choice

I have bought and sold a few properties in my time and I would certainly recommend having a few agents round before making a decision. The cheapest is not always the best.

Good luck!

I work for an agent with an office on Chesterfield road, We have plenty of experience selling in the area and our prices are competitive, ( we normally work on a £999 fixed fee)

If you’d like to talk more give me a call.

Ben

Whitehorne Estate Agents

0114 2506070