Where can i look to find a property to rent private only no agency

does,anyone know where i can look to rent a private property apart from on here and gumtree no agency

Your best bet is probably looking in shop windows in and around the area that you wish to rent in.

Good luck.

Hiya.

I know you said not Gumtree, but just in case you haven't thought of this - we found a really good place by advertising OURSELVES on Gumtree. Several people looking for nice tenants contacted us directly.

Also, have you tried Vivastreet and Freeads? They're like Gumtree. (I'd post a link, but it won't let me till I've got more posts... You can find them on Google easily though.)

Best of luck with it!

Just out of interest why do you want to avoid agencies? The fees for the credit checks and references?

Just out of interest why do you want to avoid agencies? The fees for the credit checks and references?

yes definatly that reason too expensive id rather keep my hard earned cash

I do understand.

However a landlord should be checking that you are credit worthy and have a good track record renting property etc.

I'm sure your fine but some are not and my first reaction to somebody who maybe doesn't want to be checked out is that they may be hiding something.

We keep our application fees as low as possible @ £120 for the first applicant and £75 for any further tenants and £50 for guarantors and we have many people expressing relief at our lower than average fees.

Good luck in finding a property.