Batemoor..good or bad?

Viewing a house in the batemoor area (Boshaw bit)..just wanting to know what it's like around there.

Nice and quiet or troublsome yoooves?

Cheers :)

Edited by tashmafa
spelling!

Hi Tashmafa

I used to live in Batemoor up until the start of September and it isn't a bad area. We used to live on Bowshaw View and it was mainly quiet with the occasional noisy night when there was the odd drunken argument in the street.

There were some teenagers hanging around near the flats then but my main problem was with my car. We didn't have any problems personally in the area until after I got my car when I got hassle from a neighbour for parking on the street near his house. (Told me he'd take the wheels from my car if I didn't move it.) It also got broken into twice on the street and in the little carpark near the flats.

Our neighbours in the flats next to us were nice and looked out for us when it snowed but it's best to look around the area yourself and make your own mind up.

Viewing a house in the batemoor area (Boshaw bit)..just wanting to know what it's like around there.

Nice and quiet or troublsome yoooves?

Cheers :)

Bad full stop ! :suspect:

I live on Batemoor, not by chioce though. It's a right pile of ****e.

I've got friends who live on the estate and so am often wandering around the place. i think it's fairly quiet and although there might be some troublesome people I've never felt threatened or uneasy. I've never met an unpleasent person up there and that includes the locals who used to drink in the Batemore pub and as it doesn't have any shops there is not really any focal point for teens to congregate. I am aware there was one lad who if he was out of jail would make the car crime figures go up somewhat but that was about three years ago so he's probably moved on.