Martin McGuinness dies aged 66

That's not really a useful contribution is it?

Its better than condoning what the IRA did by blaming the British.

Its better than condoning what the IRA did by blaming the British.

If I'd done that then your comment would be valid. Why not stick to what people have actually said, rather than what you imagine they said?

we haven't experienced what it was like to be a catholic in NI at the time.

people always forget this bit, its ok sat miles away from it and spout off about it but till youre living in those shoes you dont know ****

Yeah I completely understand peoples' revulsion at the IRA's tactics from people on the mainland. However we should remember that we don't have the full picture because we haven't experienced what it was like to be a catholic in NI at the time. Also, British people voted repeatedly for the status quo -i.e. continuation of the conflict - for 30 years, so need to accept some responsibility.

The acceptance of responsibility for blowing people up comes from the terrorists really Bob.

people always forget this bit, its ok sat miles away from it and spout off about it but till youre living in those shoes you dont know ****

Your right but you don't know either, I reckon you were sat miles away from it too ......... so what exactly do you know or remember about being a Catholic in NI, and would that have made you want to murder innocent people ?

The acceptance of responsibility for blowing people up comes from the terrorists really Bob.

Your right but you don't know either, I reckon you were sat miles away from it too ......... so what exactly do you know or remember about being a Catholic in NI, and would that have made you want to murder innocent people ?

i dont but then im not the one sitting high and mighty slagging em off for what they do or dont do, instead i accept things have been done that shouldnt have but maybe needed to be done, and without Mcguiness there possibly wouldnt be peace now.

i dont but then im not the one sitting high and mighty slagging em off for what they do or dont do, instead i accept things have been done that shouldnt have but maybe needed to be done, and without Mcguiness there possibly wouldnt be peace now.

Who is sat high and mighty slagging em off mel ? I have only commented on the fact why some people understandably disliked McGuinness and the IRA, and previously about the hypocrisy of some of those who celebrated Thatcher's death on here.

Primarily yes, of course. But just as stating that the Treaty of Versailles contributed to the rise of Hitler in Germany doesn't make one a Nazi apologist, neither does pointing out contributing factors from the British in Northern Ireland make one an IRA apologist.

Primarily yes, of course. But just as stating that the Treaty of Versailles contributed to the rise of Hitler in Germany doesn't make one a Nazi apologist, neither does pointing out contributing factors from the British in Northern Ireland make one an IRA apologist.

Let me get this right,didn't you state because the British people voted the government in we must accept some responsibility,thats how I saw your post.

Let me get this right,didn't you state because the British people voted the government in we must accept some responsibility,thats how I saw your post.

That's right. But primary responsibility has to be on the IRA themselves. Parties to conflicts can either do things to escalate or perpetuate the conflict, or to de-escalate or end it. If they do the former they need to take some responsibility for it. Surely that's not so contentious.

Who is sat high and mighty slagging em off mel ?

i wasnt aiming it at anybody, just generally, and not just on here, its you that brought it up as a bit of guilt fella.

I was aiming it more at those that have vehemently spit venom at him for being a "terrorist" when like i said they havent lived the life so didnt know what life was like for the catholics back then.

Same with Mandela, if you havent lived as a black during aparteid how can you truly know the struggle and the choices people have had to make.

Like i said earlier, people would do the same now if we got "invaded", if IS took over us and made life a living hell, we'd fight back, but then we'd class ourselves as freedom fighters.

That's right. But primary responsibility has to be on the IRA themselves. Parties to conflicts can either do things to escalate or perpetuate the conflict, or to de-escalate or end it. If they do the former they need to take some responsibility for it. Surely that's not so contentious.

So how many different governments have been voted in during the Irish problems?And we are partly to blame for Isis because we voted the government in what invaded Iraq ect and we should hold some responsibility for the Westminster attack,sorry but I don't see where you're coming from.

So how many different governments have been voted in during the Irish problems?And we are partly to blame for Isis because we voted the government in what invaded Iraq ect and we should hold some responsibility for the Westminster attack,sorry but I don't see where you're coming from.

if you vote a government in you are responsible for their actions, simple. essentially your vote gives them the right to do what they want, carry on doing what they want. if you dont want them to do it, dont vote for them.