Help Needed for a Proposal

My friend has recently put me on the spot (no - he hasn't asked me to marry him) and asked me where would be best to propose to his long term girlfriend. As his best mate I feel under a bit of pressure to give him some great suggestions, but having not one romantic bone in my body I thought I'd look to you guys for help. I know he's looking to do it abroad and even suggested New York, any ideas would be appreciated especially if they are related to New York.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Dick Dastardly

My friend has recently put me on the spot (no - he hasn't asked me to marry him) and asked me where would be best to propose to his long term girlfriend. As his best mate I feel under a bit of pressure to give him some great suggestions, but having not one romantic bone in my body I thought I'd look to you guys for help. I know he's looking to do it abroad and even suggested New York, any ideas would be appreciated especially if they are related to New York.

Thanks.

Top of Empire State Building.

At night.

Nomme

I will be sure to pass this suggestion on to him. Sounds a bit 'Sleepless in Seattle' to me, but I'm not the one proposing am I :D

Thanks!

I did it on Holiday!

But I was planning on creating a short advert to be played at a cinema with me popping the question.

Backed out of that one cos I thought she might be embarrased.

* Over the radio.

* On the big screen at Kingdom (sorry mingdom) nightclub!

Just a couple for ya!

We have been asked to hire someone a helicopter so he could propose to his girlfriend 3,500' over Sheffield!

Speaking as a woman who often dreams of a proposal! Sad I know :D

I would say that your friend really doesn't need to go anywhere as far as New York or bother with helicopter rides etc...

You can create romance anywhere.

Somewhere that I think is really pretty is the dam at Bradfield. Go there when the sun is setting, sit down and look at the water, the astonshing beauty that surrounds the area, and you could not wish for a more perfect place for a proposal.

It's the proposal that means everything, not the setting.

I'm going to take all the credit for your decent suggestions. Seriously, I will inform him of you guys and your help!!!

Originally posted by steelblade

Speaking as a woman who often dreams of a proposal! Sad I know :D

I would say that your friend really doesn't need to go anywhere as far as New York or bother with helicopter rides etc...

You can create romance anywhere.

Somewhere that I think is really pretty is the dam at Bradfield. Go there when the sun is setting, sit down and look at the water, the astonshing beauty that surrounds the area, and you could not wish for a more perfect place for a proposal.

It's the proposal that means everything, not the setting.

Yeah but given the choice NY wins everytime :thumbsup:

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Yeah but given the choice NY wins everytime :thumbsup:

I wouldnt fancy it

I prefer European cities, Prague or Rome or Berlin.......she says dreamily

Originally posted by Belle

I wouldnt fancy it

I prefer European cities, Prague or Rome or Berlin.......she says dreamily

Well there are places better than NY but it's still better than Bradfield :)

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Well there are places better than NY but it's still better than Bradfield :)

It depends on whether the woman is looking forward to the proposal and if she is likely to say yes....I suppose.

If she says YES and they are both overjoyed, even a wet and windy tram stop would be suddenly romanticly tinged

But if she says YOU MUST BE JOKING and they are dining on a yacht in NY harbour, under the shadows of the statue of liberty, it is going to be dreadful, irrespective

I think I am with Steelblade on this, if the woman is keen and willing, she will be so chuffed to be asked that she wont care where it is

I was only in the sitting room but I remember it well, and fondly