• Michael Portillo
    • David Davis
    • Michael Howard
    • William Hague
    • Michael Ancram
    • Oliver Letwin
    • Theresa May
    • Other

Who do you think will be the new Conservative party leader?

Bring back Maggie Thatcher :D at least she can't destroy our mines and steelworks, she's done that already.

Maybe she can crush the Burger bars and leisure centres that employ our youngsters these days.

I think Tony Blair will be the new leader of the Conservatives...

1Man

David Davis already bowed out in favour of Howard, so you can remove him from your list. They are keen to select a new leader without any "in-fighting".

PS. Next time let me know and I can add a poll to the other (first) thread - saves having 2 very similar ones.

I don't think it matters who they choose as leader, the policies will be the same.

Namely, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. (ie they'll tax everyone the same, whether you're earning £5 an hour or £5000 an hour) and they'll call this fair.

Eventual Privatisation of the health service. Eventual removal of the state pension. All public services to be run by business'.

They'll tempt people by saying that they'll give us a bit of income tax back, while at the same time duty on fuel will go up, and there'll be cuts in funding to education, health, transport, social security etc Don't forget, this is why they got voted out a few years ago. Not just because of "poor" leadership.

So, yes! Frankie Howard for tory leader. :D

Originally posted by Geoff

David Davis already bowed out in favour of Howard, so you can remove him from your list.

PS. Next time let me know and I can add a poll to the other (first) thread - saves having 2 very similar ones.

Wouldn't be the first time someone had ruled themself out only to have a change of heart at the right time.

ps - It's not possible to remove options from a list.

Hope it's Michael Howard, he would be a strong leader with vision and will unite the members and stop all the backstabbing that has ruined this once great party. (cough)

He will also give New Labour another 5 years in power :thumbsup:

They might have short memories in the Tory Party but us out there in the real world, we remember everything

We remember Michael Howard and Prison Chaos

We remember Michael Howard and the Poll Tax

We remember that interview with Jeremy Paxman

We remember Ann Widdecombe saying he had something of the night about him! I hope it is "something of the GOODnight" - to the Tory Party forever

Let them pick him, please let them pick him, please please let them pick the man the country hated when he was in office, and help keep them all out of it for a long long time

Originally posted by Belle

They might have short memories in the Tory Party but us out there in the real world, we remember everything

We remember Michael Howard and Prison Chaos

We remember Michael Howard and the Poll Tax

We remember that interview with Jeremy Paxman

We remember Ann Widdecombe saying he had something of the night about him! I hope it is "something of the GOODnight" - to the Tory Party forever

We remember the 1994 Criminal Justice Bill (now Act of Parliament)

He WILL be leader, nonetheless. Can unite the party, solid forensic debater, well-known. But he will still struggle.

I don't think it matters who they choose as leader, the policies will be the same.

Its a sad fact image does play a part and it matters who they choose as leader.

Why vote for someone who isn't passionate about leading. IDS was too quiet to ever be a Prime Minister.