Sign in to follow this  

XMB Forums

I have installed a XMB forum which is basically a .php forum.

I have found a few skins for it but wondered if anyone out there knew of where to get some more skins etc?:confused:

Originally posted by Sidla

I recommend you go here .

To get them from there you have to pay, i just wanted any other sites.:rolleyes: Sites that dont charge u to download skins for XMB forums.

Go for phpBB it's much better and has tons of free 'skins'. They even have lots of free modifications at phpBBHacks.com

Originally posted by Geoff

Go for phpBB it's much better and has tons of free 'skins'. They even have lots of free modifications at phpBBHacks.com

Is it easy to install and does it have an installation program with it? also how much does it cost?

Yes, very easy to install, you just need a MySQL database which is what most forums run off. It's free. Sheffield Forum started off on phpBB and I use it at work a lot.

I agree, phpBB is great and has an enormous user community at phpBB.com.

It's also very scalable - the biggest phpBB forum currently has 9650963 posts and 150011 members which should be enough for most people!

One thing that's worth remember before you go installing loads of mods though, is that the new version (v2.2) is half written and will most likely be out in a few months. For that reason alone I've stopped modding my boards because I'll only have to do it all again shortly.