Sign in to follow this  

E mail problems

Over the last week or so I've been sending emails to my friends as usual. The only thing is I haven't been getting any replies... I thought I'd upset everyone, but then I realised I was getting replies from some people - All of those who were not on AOL. My ISP is blueyonder. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Originally posted by Susana

Over the last week or so I've been sending emails to my friends as usual. The only thing is I haven't been getting any replies... I thought I'd upset everyone, but then I realised I was getting replies from some people - All of those who were not on AOL. My ISP is blueyonder. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

Possibly AOL spam filters. Sometimes a whole ISP gets blocked for not taking enough measures to prevent spam being originated, individual messages may be blocked for containing stuff like "make money fast". I think in the past Blueyonder have managed to get blacklisted but they tightened their procedures and got rehabilitated.

I doubt if either of those are applicable but a slim possibility is that your IP address is one previously used to originate spam and is being blocked. If you are on broadband you can change your IP address http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/site.shtml may make no difference but no harm in trying.

AOL are currently going OTT on their filters - They have also blocked many messages from yahoo groups.

I mod on one and the complaints from people who have their settings for a daily digest just are not getting the messages from the group.

AOL also seem to cause problems for a numbers of websites for accessing and posting to forums.

Moon

Yup - I'm an AOL user, and yup - I've heard that this is happening.

My AOL inbox has been acting VERY strange recently. Some emails can't be deleted, just because it doesn't want to delete them - it's impossible to delete many SPAM emails because of this.

And as for filters getting stronger... hmm. My junkmail's increased about threefold in the last week...

I've also heard there are problems sending messages to AOL from hotmail, but I've not witnessed this.