Where did you last go on holiday?

Ibeefa. A few friends and I hired a villa outside San An (with pool!!) and had a cracking time.

Wasn't a particularly relaxing holiday though!

My last holiday was here Poitou - Charante in France.

First time we have ever done anything like this, great fun.

Next one is a Villa in Spain for 2 weeks at Easter 2004, doing nothing only eating, drinking and sleeping:thumbsup:

Not been on a "real holiday" for about 7 years - that is, away for a week or more. I've also never been abroad, due to lack of funds (but will hopefully go traveling at some point, which will more than make up for that!). I do get away as much as possible though, usually to Snowdonia or the Lakes for long weekends with a bunch of friends, to go climbing etc.

Yes, I'd deffinately go again - every weekend, if I could. I'm hopefully going up to Scotland in late January for a while, to do some winter climbing.

Just got back from 10 days to Sheffield. Seeing the city from a tourists view. Wonderful place... yes really. The Peace Gardens and Winter Garden are recommended. We enjoyed the international market and bought Dutch Cheese and sampled wild boars meat. Fargate was heaving with people. According to the Star there were over 14,000 visitors to the city that day and it was a Thursday too. I lived in Sheffield for 20 years but I never saw it as a tourist before. You take a lot for granted. It has a lot going for it. I was quite proud to say that it was my home town. My husband was facinated with all the old architecture and history. We enjoyed the silver and stainless steel cutlery displays in the Winter Gardens. Amazing sculpture made totally out of cutlery in the shape of a big giraffe thingy. "Barking up the Wrong Tree" it was called. It had bent forks for eye lashes and a body of all spoons and knives. Take a look if you haven't already been. I embossed the Yorkshire Rose on all my postcards. "Neat" as we say here. Of course if you live in Sheffield you don't go into town for a holiday. But it's certainly a place to encourage visitors to come and see.

Who needs theme parks and Disney, as we had a hair raising bus journey home on the 60 bus. Dodging traffic, speeding along Fulwood Road, driving up on the pavement with school kids diving out of the way: A few kids splattered on the walls as we went along. He'd never been on a bus before so he video taped the whole journey. It was hillarious. School kids were staring at us but we didn't care. Oh and the weather was incredible. Apparantly the hottest November in Sheffield history. Hubby was walking around Fargate a t-shirt while everyone else was bundled up. You may have even seen us with our video cameras looking like typical Americans. We were bloody tourists for the day!!! :cool:

My last holiday was camping in Shropshire. It was during the hottest week of the year which really spoilt it for me because I hate hot weather, I get too sweaty and my skin gets irratable. It was also too hot to do much walking.

I also went to Butlins in Bognor with the family, and although I'm possibly past the family holiday stage, I had a really good time regardless. Butlins is a cool place to go, there's always something to do for all ages.

Corsica - bit pricey but no high-rise hotels, good beaches and friendly too.

Just got back last week from a week touring around Venice, Florence and Rome. That's why I wasn't at the meet.

I have learnt the skill of making friends round the world, then you can go and stay with them and yet still be on your hols!

I go to Cornwall and Turkey on that basis, and have done Florida and Stockholm on that basis too.

This year I also "did" the Yorkshire coast from Redcar to Bridlington - which includes Whitby, Staithes, Scarborough, Filey, some great places, we had a lovely sunny restful time.

I regularly have weekends away, mainly the 'Pool but also North Yorkshire, Co Durham, London, Leeds....all with pals or family

Lucky old me!

Originally posted by Classic Rock

Just got back last week from a week touring around Venice, Florence and Rome. That's why I wasn't at the meet.

And how was it CR?

Did you gorge on art? in a manner of speaking that is, feast your eyes on architecture and galleries and culture?

I wish I had come with you

A few days visiting my family back on the Isle of Man last week, during a break from Uni.