Where do expat forumers live now?

The first 47 years of my life I lived in Sheffield - S3 (centre) S8, S11 and S35. Then moved to Westward Ho! in north Devon, next Dursley in Glos and for the last 10 years here in Dorchester, Dorset where I will probably stay. However, I still cannot help using the same Sheffield-isms because I say them automatically. The other day I asked someone who was upset about something if it had "knocked her duck off". It isn't until you see the confused look on their faces that you play it back in your head and realise how strange it does actually sound to a non-Sheffielder.

Hey ho! I am a Sheffielder inside and always will be. Not a thing anyone can do about it even if they wanted to.

Lowedges.

Foxhill.

Edge well-Foxhill.

Waterthorpe.

Frechville.

Beighton.

Bonnifinglas-County Mayo-Ireland.

Glenavey-Northern Ireland.

Ayr- Scotland.

Glasgow.

Ready to move again...not sure where yet (maybe Edinburgh, or back down south). :)

Hi being reasonably new to the forum i was wondering just how far you have emigrated to , i moved to newcastle in australia in 1992 great place but think about sheffield a lot , ilived in woodseats i believe lts changed a lot since then

Hi stephen 7. I only moved as far as Dorset but there are people on here from just about all four corners of the world. I'm sure that you will be in touch with quite a few over time. They are a smashing lot and always very helpful. I hope you enjoy being one of us. Welcome.

Grannypat

Hi being reasonably new to the forum i was wondering just how far you have emigrated to , i moved to newcastle in australia in 1992 great place but think about sheffield a lot , ilived in woodseats i believe lts changed a lot since then

You will never guess where I moved to, not in a million years. :wink:

Seriously though, I often miss Sheffield, that's why I have been back several times. Plus I still have lots of friends and relatives over there.

Yes it has changed, but what hasn't these days. I left in 1981 and didn't come back for a few years and even then there was a massive difference, it seemed like the whole Country had been Americanised lol. McDonalds , ice hockey, interest in NFL football , lots of stuff that wasn't around before I left.

Hi have lived in Javea Spain for the last 30years came back to Hillsbro my old stamping ground for my 70th in 2012 my old school Parkside rd still looked the same had a trip round hillsbro park before popping in to The Park Hotel for a chat with the owner as i used to live there as a boy .Sheffield still a great city,great memmories.

You will never guess where I moved to, not in a million years. :wink:

Seriously though, I often miss Sheffield, that's why I have been back several times. Plus I still have lots of friends and relatives over there.

Yes it has changed, but what hasn't these days. I left in 1981 and didn't come back for a few years and even then there was a massive difference, it seemed like the whole Country had been Americanised lol. McDonalds , ice hockey, interest in NFL football , lots of stuff that wasn't around before I left.

:huh: hi, t t

I"ll guess at the isle of man.

S2

S4

S12

S8

Munich

S9

S13

Munich, is that near Bochum Parkway Jim ?

Edited by stpetre
Add

:huh: hi, t t

I"ll guess at the isle of man.

On yer bike :D

Munich, is that near Bochum Parkway Jim ?

Lol, not quite but I've edited my post. Missed out a few places.

I see S2, isn't that the.um...well.. 'Bramall Lane' area ?

---------- Post added 25-06-2017 at 19:10 ----------

I see S2, isn't that the..well.. 'Bramall Lane' Area ?

Edited by stpetre
Add

Hi all - Grimesthorpe, 2yrs National Service which comprised of a few months basic training then rest of the time in Egypt. Later in Hillsborough for a short time then Saskatchewan until I wised up and moved to British Columbia. Came to Canada in 60 but have visited the old sod a few times over the years. fleetwood

Edited by fleetwood