John Noakes dies aged 83

Always makes me cry when I see the clip of him telling everyone that Shep had died.:cry:

Apparently in later years he wasn't very complimentary about how he was treated by the BBC during his BP and Go With Noakes days. Too much danger and too little pay.

Very sad that his last few years were blighted by Alzheimer's. His family have said that "his release from continuing ill health must be counted as a blessing."

Funnily enough I was going to post pretty much what the family said but wasn't sure whether it was appropriate. I agree with their sentiments entirely.

When he climed up Nelsons column with ladders and not a safety rope or harness in site. :help::gag: RIP Noaksie a Brave Fella.

A fantastic presenter for us 70's kids, along with Roy Castle one of the true greats. RIP John.

When he climed up Nelsons column with ladders and not a safety rope or harness in site. :help::gag: RIP Noaksie a Brave Fella.

He had a lot of guts. This was even better.

Like melthebell, Mondays and Thursdays, and showing my age, started with Valerie Singleton and Christopher Trace. R.I.P. John - I never did get to make that delta wing from a poystyrene tile.

He died without a funeral plan in place so his family just used a coffin they'd made earlier.

Covered in sticky backed plastic - would be a fire hazard these days.