Owls Transfer Rumours For Jan 2017

Arsenal apparently are after George Hirst now.

well hopefully he doesn't just see the pound signs, much better off staying put for a couple of seasons and developing here

well hopefully he doesn't just see the pound signs, much better off staying put for a couple of seasons and developing here

I'd normally agree with you.... but. Is he going to get the opportunity to develop with the Owls now that they have, what I'd consider, a good striker force?

Also, with the money the chairman has, are youth players going to get a chance or are the Owls going to go the same way as a lot of the PL teams are doing?

I know Palmer has been given a fair few games, but at 25 I'd consider him more of the older generation now.

Wildsmith does get some cup games which is good, but if this is what Hirst is hoping for, you'd imagine a decent youth player would also get this chance with Arsenal as well.

What a great thing it would be if we could bring in a fit, willing, focused McGugan for the next few games. He'd be like a new signing, and a good one. What a waste of talent that lad has been. Goals from Midfield? That's his game.

PS He'd have to learn to work hard and help the defence as well.

I know, it's asking too much.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

What a great thing it would be if we could bring in a fit, willing, focused McGugan for the next few games. He'd be like a new signing, and a good one. What a waste of talent that lad has been. Goals from Midfield? That's his game.

Too lazy though, he contributed virtually nothing in his last start and is totally out of favour with CC.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 19:51 ----------

I'd normally agree with you.... but. Is he going to get the opportunity to develop with the Owls now that they have, what I'd consider, a good striker force?

Also, with the money the chairman has, are youth players going to get a chance or are the Owls going to go the same way as a lot of the PL teams are doing?

I know Palmer has been given a fair few games, but at 25 I'd consider him more of the older generation now.

Wildsmith does get some cup games which is good, but if this is what Hirst is hoping for, you'd imagine a decent youth player would also get this chance with Arsenal as well.

If he's not going to get a chance with us he certainly wont with Arsenal, the calibre they can bring in will be far higher, if he's good enough he'll get his chance with us.

Too lazy though, he contributed virtually nothing in his last start and is totally out of favour with CC.

I added that very fact whilst you were typing.

If he's not going to get a chance with us he certainly wont with Arsenal, the calibre they can bring in will be far higher, if he's good enough he'll get his chance with us.

Depends how highly Arsenal rate him. He might get more cup appearances than he would at the Owls. But likely to be a similar amount.

He's in a bit of a tricky situation, the Owls have some good forwards and he will see his opportunities limited because of this.

But he is still young and has time on his hands. It may well be worth sending him out to non-league to see how he fairs.

---------- Post added 06-02-2017 at 19:51 ----------

Maybe he'd develop into an even better player, with better players around him. You become the environment your in.

Depends how highly Arsenal rate him. He might get more cup appearances than he would at the Owls. But likely to be a similar amount.

He's in a bit of a tricky situation, the Owls have some good forwards and he will see his opportunities limited because of this.

But he is still young and has time on his hands. It may well be worth sending him out to non-league to see how he fairs.

He's playing regularly at international and development level, what good would non league do?? The club have said he won't be loaned, it may be another couple of seasons before he makes the breakthrough and if his progression continues he will make the first team.

He's playing regularly at international and development level, what good would non league do?? The club have said he won't be loaned, it may be another couple of seasons before he makes the breakthrough and if his progression continues he will make the first team.

Do you think he'd improve if he joined the Chelsea youth set up. The one you played recently?

Would you consider non-league prem to be of a higher standard than the development squad?

Would you consider non-league prem to be of a higher standard than the development squad?

He wont be playing on loan for a non-league side, lets drop it.

i would think his dad would advise him to stop at S6.when Man Utd wanted him (David) he didn't want to go.