Beck road primary school Shiregreen

Don`t know if it`s open but i went to beck in the 70`s. I left about 74. I can`t remember the teachers though apart from the head Mr Bashforth. Wasn`t he a christian scientist or something?

Me and my partner were thinking back to when we were at school and we were trying to remember the names of the teachers, all we could remember were:-:huh:

Mrs (Miss) Woods

Miss Hawke

Mr Ellis

Miss Wandsworth

Mr Gill

Can anyone out there remember any more?

Thats funny ,me and my dad were talking today about Beck Rd,hes alot older than you ,but I remember a Mr Gill when I went to Norfolk School ! Wonder if it same one !

I'LLrefer you back to the thread Anyone From Shiregreen or near.

There's lots of info re:)ding Beck road School in the 50 s

thanks Clown I forgot about that thread

Me and my partner were thinking back to when we were at school and we were trying to remember the names of the teachers, all we could remember were:-:huh:

Mrs (Miss) Woods

Miss Hawke

Mr Ellis

Miss Wandsworth

Mr Gill

Can anyone out there remember any more?

Hi Legs 49,

I went through Beck Road (left around 70/71) and then later through Firth Park (left 1975). I can probably name a couple more teachers for you,

Mr Bashforth (Head teacher)

Mr Bainbridge

Mr Sykes.

Mr Hawthorn

I only did 3 years at Beck Road - just moved into the area when I was 10 years old - but was there when it changed from a Junior to a Middle School so am I in the right era? My brother Keith followed me through as he is two and half years younger than me. We both were very well known for our swimming. Maybe that gives you a clue as to who I am.

I aways hated Mr Bainbridge, my M4 teacher, as he was always accusing me of doing something I didn't do but as a child I wasn't able to stand up to him and he knew it!!! First class bullying to my way of thinking.

I know that whilst I was there Mrs Woods (Dubois) as she self-styled her name in french was continually retiring and then came back ...again and again and again. The first time she 'retired' she was bought a sewing machine as a gift but each time she came back and then 'retired' again then the subsequent gifts got smaller and less expensive. She never did like our Keith because he was hopeless at french and she then stated that he would never learn a foreign language. Oh, how wrong can she be? He lives over in Holland and has done for 29 years, married a lovely dutch girl, has 2 brilliant grown-up children and he not only speaks fluent dutch like a native but reads the language too!

My favourite teacher was Jack Ellis (my J3 and M3 teacher). He was not only a good teacher but he was such a lovely man too. He helped me enormously as a new pupil to settle in to the school also with my swimming too..

I would imagine that as I am now 52 years of age and a Nanna of three beautiful grandchildren that none of the teachers would still be alive today, but you never know?!?!?

Edited by GraceLeah
Remembered another name

I also left Beck in 1980 Froggy was my form teacher well thats what we called him cant remember his real name

He was called Mr. Alexander, he taught french and when he took his class into assembly he always told them to sit down by saying it in french (asseyez vous) I think!!

Beck Road Junior School role call as I can remember. born Aug 47/48

Freddie May, Mick Inman(d), John Chapman, Gillian Clark, Tony Armitage, Ian mini Birkinshaw, Barry Booker, Audrie Pashley, Anthia Humpherson, David Barns, Alan Titertan, Chris Hurst, Steve Shelly, Paul Mallard, Fay Wright, Ian McFarlain, David Hudson, Pat Askew, Paul Mason, Jannet Cuts, Billy Haglington, Glynis Neville, Jimmy Farr, Mick Longley, Cynthia Wragg, John Shepherd, Joe Clegg(d), Gary Bullock(d), John Keyworth, Jean Morrel, Alan Basher, tiny Jennifer-------?, Fay Broccoli, Angela Brown, Jennifer Aubrey.

Are you here, are you there?

Apologies to those I have forgotten, misspelled or totally got wrong.

Senility is now my consort.

Beck Road Junior School role call as I can remember. born Aug 47/48

Freddie May, Mick Inman(d), John Chapman, Gillian Clark, Tony Armitage, Ian mini Birkinshaw, Barry Booker, Audrie Pashley, Anthia Humpherson, David Barns, Alan Titertan, Chris Hurst, Steve Shelly, Paul Mallard, Fay Wright, Ian McFarlain, David Hudson, Pat Askew, Paul Mason, Jannet Cuts, Billy Haglington, Glynis Neville, Jimmy Farr, Mick Longley, Cynthia Wragg, John Shepherd, Joe Clegg(d), Gary Bullock(d), John Keyworth, Jean Morrel, Alan Basher, tiny Jennifer-------?, Fay Broccoli, Angela Brown, Jennifer Aubrey.

Are you here, are you there?

Apologies to those I have forgotten, misspelled or totally got wrong.

Senility is now my consort.

I remember many of the people listed above I can't workout what year you were at Beck Road School as most of the above mention were a year older than me,I was born 1949 and lived on Deep Lane.Oops just read born 47/48

Edited by legs 49
mistake

Beck Road School, Shiregreen, Sheffield. Class 5H of 2004-2005. Miss Hindson:

Bethany Allen, Simon Barr, Katie Barrett, Ellen Capel, Hayley Collins, Cassidy Cotz, Benjamin Day, Laura Everington, Sarah Green, Lauren Hughes, Cameron Hurst, Adam Hutchinson, Christopher Jones, Andrew Lacey, Jacob Lindley, Jade Longden, Emily Noonan, Jodie Peacock, Daniel Pearce, George Poulton, Ian Pullen, Jonathan Roddis, Emma Ronan-Toulson, Zina Rooke, Gemma Smith, Lauren Smith, Lyndon Staniland, Chloe Stevens, Deacon Taylor, Macauley Wilson, Hayley Woodward.

Where are they now?

I too attended Beck 1970ish...Miss Bonson was my teacher.....from Middlesbourough as I remember?

i went to beck 58/63 my teacher was mrs maslin then miss voughne she dressed like a man in a kilt dos any one remember