F1 2014 Megathread

The new cars look rather interesting for the new season.

Hard to say anything about what to expect after just one day of testing. Although Newey seems worried about the safety of the front noses on some of the cars

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25931008

Looks like another technical issue that could cause more silly rule changes again at some point.

Not a good start!

Edited by *_ash_*
My guess that the reply will be, I'm a woman/I'm not married/ or some other way of sneaking out of the loaded question :)

Whilst the cars are interesting looking, maybe even ugly. I like rule changers to see how engineers react differently to how they interpret the rules. The caterham front nose is certainly innovative and wont at all cause the problems that Newey is whinging about, who as the article suggests has no right to complain as he didnt participate in the rule change.

I am more worried about how the plan of double points will work. brought in to keep the championship alive for the final race, it could actually mean that the eventual winner could finish even further ahead. imagine in the final three races Vettel is in the lead and he then wins all three at double points he would extend his lead by a possible 150 points. just absurd if you ask me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25955560

Whilst the cars are interesting looking, maybe even ugly. I like rule changers to see how engineers react differently to how they interpret the rules. The caterham front nose is certainly innovative and wont at all cause the problems that Newey is whinging about, who as the article suggests has no right to complain as he didnt participate in the rule change.

I am more worried about how the plan of double points will work. brought in to keep the championship alive for the final race, it could actually mean that the eventual winner could finish even further ahead. imagine in the final three races Vettel is in the lead and he then wins all three at double points he would extend his lead by a possible 150 points. just absurd if you ask me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25955560

Looks like Red Bull are struggling to adapt so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25964070

they have struggled in the past with KERS and cooling it, so to me its not much of a surprise that theyre struggling with the new drive trains and all of the energy recovery systems.

True and play an even bigger factor in this years cars.

Although you never know with Red Bull whether they ever have genuine problems because they usually come back as if nothing has happened. That said they have lost 2 key engineers to Mercedes during the close season.

Should please the Red Bull haters. If they'd had a fault free session no doubt they'd be claiming cheating.

Should please the Red Bull haters. If they'd had a fault free session no doubt they'd be claiming cheating.

You never know with Red Bull they always manage to bounce back when it matters during race day. If there is one team that do play mind games in F1 it is certainly them.

Watched sky f1 at the weekend (for 5minutes), TEDs notebook I think it was called? from testing in Jerez, absolute boredom listening to him prattling on and on . How many people watch these programmes where no one comes out to play?. And its repeated over and over again.give me bikes any day!

Watched sky f1 at the weekend (for 5minutes), TEDs notebook I think it was called? from testing in Jerez, absolute boredom listening to him prattling on and on . How many people watch these programmes where no one comes out to play?. And its repeated over and over again.give me bikes any day!

thats nothing to do with the cars, thats to do with sky's appalling coverage and programs.

Watched the Qualis. First time I've really heard the cars.

The sound has gone. What a load of ****. I won't be going this year. (saying that, the Mercedes turbo sounds nice on the in car view/sound.

On the plus side though, looks like it's anyone's game so far.

I hope Lewis can nail it.