The Blake, Blake Street, Walkley/ Netherthorpe

Has this pub bitten the dust? I heard it closed a few weeks back?

Yep

Its got big silver shutters on it's doors and windows.

I Heard this as well, but never mind it was a bit rough.

I went in there to meet some mates once had a bit of a look round & one the friendly locals advised' if you are looking for those ****ing students there in the beer garden'

The good news is that this pub is reopening on Wednesday 3rd November thanks to James Birkett of New Barrack Tavern and Sheaf View fame!

The pub is reopening as a real ale pub , And yea James has a great track record.

If anyone can find out what time it will be opening I'll be on the doorstep!! :thumbsup:

The pub is reopening as a real ale pub , And yea James has a great track record.

He has indeed, he also had to fight against a scandalous restrictive covenant placed on The Blake by the last owners which meant it could never be reopened as a pub.

Local hero!

Great news! Well done James. I'll be down there soon.

Now if we can just do the same for the other boarded up pubs all over Sheff. There is still a market for decent pubs with good beer.

Good stuff. Am I right in thinking the 31 bus runs near there? I can catch that round the corner from work :)

My major worry about ever going into the Blake was about dying of altitude sickness climbing up to it!

I like to tackle Blake Street downwards only- do you think that James would consider installing some sort of ski lift?

rats! thought it was opening tomorrow. that's that plan scuppered! see you there on opening night :)

do the still do the yearly run up blake street did 1 year when i was young and boy i nearly died