Sportsman Hackenthorpe

Back in the late sixties and early seventies when I was a kid this place was very popular it boasted a good size concert room, a beer off Saturday nights was always packed out and also the Sunday dinner session unfortunately most of the regulars then are long gone.

Happy days for me and my pals hanging around outside

Yes you will like these two Ben Gregg and Billy Gregg :hihi:

Yes you will like these two Ben Gregg and Billy Gregg :hihi:

Yes that name rings a bell

Yes that name rings a bell

Probably a bit before your time they lived at Seldom Seen a very hard hard set of lads but okay if you new them :hihi:

Probably a bit before your time they lived at Seldom Seen a very hard hard set of lads but okay if you new them :hihi:

Yes seldom seen down in Beighton ! did they hang around in Hackenthorpe

I Know Billys Wife, Daughter and Brother.

Yes seldom seen down in Beighton ! did they hang around in Hackenthorpe

I Know Billys Wife, Daughter and Brother.

High there Frank . Ben . Mick . Billy ; Dont know if they had any sisters. Billy may have had an icecream van and lived at swallonest for a time and died young i believe. Not to sure about this as its a long time ago. Frank was a gentle man as i remember. Mick used to go in the Royal at woodhouse and a good fisherman. Ben and billy more of a george pub fan but could go anywere especially sat night. Ben was a hard lad and liked a good fight Billy was a hand full and you didnt cross him. I worked with Ben and Billy on a few building sites

and we always got on had a few laughs :hihi:

High there Frank . Ben . Mick . Billy ; Dont know if they had any sisters. Billy may have had an icecream van and lived at swallonest for a time and died young i believe. Not to sure about this as its a long time ago. Frank was a gentle man as i remember. Mick used to go in the Royal at woodhouse and a good fisherman. Ben and billy more of a george pub fan but could go anywere especially sat night. Ben was a hard lad and liked a good fight Billy was a hand full and you didnt cross him. I worked with Ben and Billy on a few building sites

and we always got on had a few laughs :hihi:

Ok Spider nice tail cheers mate