Lego Batman Autism Friendly Screening 18/02/17 - NEED HELP!

Hi all,

My name is Lauryn Green and I run Safe Cinemas, an organisation which provides children with special educational needs like ASD and mental illnesses to enjoy the cinema.

This Saturday, the Curzon is hosting its first Autism friendly screening of Lego Batman at 10:20, and their head office is sceptical about how well it will do and whether it's a necessary addition to their schedule to offer these screenings. If you know anyone who would be interested, please send them this, because we need to show Curzon that autism friendly screenings are necessary and important! I'll be there to spread the word about Safe Cinemas and want to know what everyone thinks who attends.

I wondered if you'd help us to spread the word that it is really important, and try and reach out to some of the individuals within the city who might have children who might be interested. I will happily send over anything you need to help this happen, including the promotion image the Curzon have provided me with.

Can you tell us more about what changes are made for a showing to be Autism Friendly?

Hi cgksheff,

The lights won't be turned down as low, so it'll be a bit brighter. The sound won't be as loud so people with heightened senses won't find it as overwhelming. Also, there will be space to move around and trained staff on hand (including the Safe Cinemas people like me!) to help out if necessary, and a quiet area if it all gets a bit much. It should be really fun and a nice community atmosphere xxx

I've shared it on FB. I hope it is a success and can be repeated.

Hi cgksheff,

The lights won't be turned down as low, so it'll be a bit brighter. The sound won't be as loud so people with heightened senses won't find it as overwhelming. Also, there will be space to move around and trained staff on hand (including the Safe Cinemas people like me!) to help out if necessary, and a quiet area if it all gets a bit much. It should be really fun and a nice community atmosphere xxx

Thank you.