CCTV recommendations and advice - No advertising/jobs/quotes

Yawn.

yet another uninformed fool spouting bull as fact.

Must be uninformed by the police then as i have had them at my house before making sure they only view my property as the neighbours didnt like them keyboard warrior !

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 19:43 ----------

No it isn't.

Police have said they are to me so your wrong.

Edited by Starlc

Since we've had CCTV installed at our house, we have had the police knocking on our door on 4 occasions asking if they could view the footage from our hard drive because they have been incidents somewhere on the rd or in the park, and not once did they say it was illegal to record public areas. In fact I have very funny CCtv footage on my Facebook page of cyclist going A*se over t*t on one of those stumps the council put in on the grass verge.

Edited by mmitchell

Since we've had CCTV installed at our house, we have had the police knocking on our door on 4 occasions asking if they could view the footage from our hard drive because they have been incidents somewhere on the rd or in the park, and not once did they say it was illegal to record public areas. In fact I have very funny CCtv footage on my Facebook page of cyclist going A*se over t*t on one of those stumps the council put in on the grass verge.

Well i have so what can i say !

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 20:40 ----------

Then your listening skills are broken.

I will repeat

You are wrong.

Want it in bold?

Dont care what you say when ive had 2 coppers at my house telling me otherwise.

Edited by Starlc

A Friend of mine had his house broke into to get his car keys. He had security cameras on their way out they posed in front of the camera wearing ski masks and put two fingers up to him while dangling his car keys in front of the camera. Never saw his car again

A Friend of mine had his house broke into to get his car keys. He had security cameras on their way out they posed in front of the camera wearing ski masks and put two fingers up to him while dangling his car keys in front of the camera. Never saw his car again

You will do well to stop anybody who is determined burglar, all you can do is make it as hard as possible.

There are none so blind.

Your wrong. It's hard to put it more clearly.

Right or wrong i have had the "POLICE" telling me this !

Must be uninformed by the police then as i have had them at my house before making sure they only view my property as the neighbours didnt like them keyboard warrior !

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 19:43 ----------

Police have said they are to me so your wrong.

The police are not experts in the law.

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 21:39 ----------

Right or wrong i have had the "POLICE" telling me this !

The police tell people lots of things, they are often wrong though.

If it were illegal, you'd be able to locate the law which made it illegal and prove it...

The police are not experts in the law.

Listen the police come to my door and tell me this, i obviously believe what they are saying and dont need some nerdy keyboard warriors being clever when they wouldnt say boo to a goose in real life.

If im wrong its because of being told by the police but i think i will beleive them over the walkley uni brigade ! Lol :hihi:

Anyway im done, on yer bike !

Edited by Starlc

Why not just spend 5 minutes researching the facts and you can stop looking silly.

It is Not illegal to film the street.

You can film or photo graph anything you wish that's available to the public eye.

That means Street. Your neighbours front lawn. The queen. The police themselves. And a whole lot more.

I have told you why and the circumstances behind it.

Why do you have to try and belittle people. I am going on something i have experienced by the law ?

If you had said i think your wrong or the police were wrong instaed of being clever then this bickering wouldnt have started would it ?

Edited by Starlc

Why not stop arguing your case and just accept you're wrong.

That's what adults do.

Suddenly he becomes like a puppy lol.

Adults also know how to have decent civilised discussion !

Im not wrong if anyones wrong its the police and they are not totally wrong ie human rights etc !

Whats to stop burglers stealing the recording device for the security camera?

Im not wrong if anyones wrong its the police and they are not totally wrong ie human rights etc !

They are totally wrong. There is no law against filming the street.

If you set up CCTV that is primarily designed to cover a public area then you need certain signage to comply with the DPA, but if CCTV of your own property happens to cover a public area because of the angle of the camera, then you don't need such signage.

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 22:09 ----------

Whats to stop burglers stealing the recording device for the security camera?

Nothing if they know what to look for. But you can configure them to upload to the cloud and/or to email or ftp the images somewhere...