Manager are they fit to manage when they need consultants

If you need a consultant are you fit for the job

And when there is an inquiry into the Jean Charles de Menezes killing at Stockwell underground station by the police, and the person leading the force(Cressida Dick) is blame free; and is now getting the top job(Metropolitan Police Commissioner).

Do you really think that people are expected to know every single aspect about every single circumstance in their field of industry?

Im a fully qualified and trained lawyer but it does not stop me instructing Counsel to provide advice on matters.

Consultants are just that. To consult with. To provide advice.

Managers ARE doing the job by obtaining and if necessary acting on such advice when needed.

Do you really think that people are expected to know every single aspect about every single circumstance in their field of industry?

Im a fully qualified and trained lawyer but it does not stop me instructing Counsel to provide advice on matters.

Consultants are just that. To consult with. To provide advice.

Managers ARE doing the job by obtaining and if necessary acting on such advice when needed.

so really we could get away with people with referance book of who to call

Guest sibon

Plus, a consultant only needs paying for the time that you need them. High quality, expert advice is very valuable.

Just use Google, works for most things ;)

Guest sibon

Maybe you could set yourself up as a consultant. You could advise on asking stupid questions, or how to use capital letters.

And when there is an inquiry into the Jean Charles de Menezes killing at Stockwell underground station by the police, and the person leading the force(Cressida Dick) is blame free; and is now getting the top job(Metropolitan Police Commissioner).

If she is blame free and cleared of any wrongdoing in the death why shouldn't she be obtaining the new job.

Just because SOME people dont agree with the verdit in the initial investigation does mean a persons record should be marked for the rest of their lives. The investigation took place. The decision was made. She was found clear of any blame.

She is perfectly entitled to keep a clean record and carry on with her life and career.

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 23:23 ----------

What? I literally have no idea what you are on about.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Maybe you could set yourself up as a consultant. You could advise on asking stupid questions, or how to use capital letters.

or make the term manager plural in that sense Oo

have i touched a nerve

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 23:27 ----------

Once went sailing with a consultant, his definition was, some who borrows your watch and then tells you the time.

---------- Post added 05-03-2017 at 23:31 ----------

[

Edited by phil752

do you need a consultant

Do you even know what one is?

You certainly seem to know nothing about anything to do with management given your silly questions on here.

Now, back to your OP. Do you really think that a manager is not "fit for purpose" if they have to occasionally seek advice and support on specific issues from a suitable professional?

What would you suggest should happen in the alternative?

I ask again, do you really have a belief that a Manager should know every single thing about every single circumstance in their industry. How do you think that would be even practical?

There is no such thing as someone knowing everything. That's a concept a small child even understands.

Do you disagree with such?

ECCOnoob

[/color]

What? I literally have no idea what you are on about.

guess you need is a consultant, dont tell me what firm you work for it may be ours, scary.